DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

**** this hobby gets expensive

Well I do agree that it can get expensive, I currently own the Phantom 4, The P4P, the Mavic Pro, I2. AS well as the DJI Racing Goggles 2spare RC’s extra batteries cases, , all I can say is it really depends on what you want with your quadcopter, I mainly use mine for photography and fun! But it all goes down to “”If you can’t afford it don’t do it””

Looks like you bought EVERY option and doo-dad that has EVER been recommended by forum members.:eek:
Most of this stuff, while really nice to have and play with, is, IMHO not really needed to get good use from the MP2Z
You'll find as you use it, what is really needed and what isn't.
That's what the Classified section here is used for.
Have fun flying.
:)Thumbswayup

Reactions: wsteele
I bought my M2Z at the end of August and since then the setup costs have been mounting. I am hoping I am nearing the end now.

Drone £1099
Fly more kit £279
Dji care £109
4K PC monitor £400
Partial Pc upgrade £2000
Photoshop elements 2019 £70
Droneguard 250 backpack £95
Landing mat £10
Crystalsky £679
Filters £60
Mavmount plus brackets £100
SD cards £60
3 party multi charger £35
Leg extensions £10
Public liability insurance £45
Prop holders £8
BITS AND BOBS £70

Loc8tor device £53

How do you guys compare?
Wow! lots of toys for your toy. I bought the MP kit, DJI Care, PolarPro filters and Goggles and that is it. I have been very happy with my purchases and have never had any problems.

Reactions: Big Dazz
I agree it definitely can get costly but it also depend on your use... if ur a person who likes to push the limit with distance flying those antenna extenders can get pretty darn expensive!

When I first got my MP Fly More I went on Amazon and created a wish list that has about 30 items lol

A few months in I’m realizing iPad Mini 4, Mavmount, a good case, filters, larger SD card and landing pad is pretty much all I need (Videographer)

Looks like you bought EVERY option and doo-dad that has EVER been recommended by forum members.:eek:
Most of this stuff, while really nice to have and play with, is, IMHO not really needed to get good use from the MP2Z
You'll find as you use it, what is really needed and what isn't.
That's what the Classified section here is used for.
Have fun flying.
:)Thumbswayup

I use everything each time I fly bar the dji refresh thankfully.

The main expense that I never intended was the pc upgrade. I am in I.T so already had quite a high end 4 year old pc.

I don’t see the point in taking all this lovely footage that these drones are capable of without doing it justice and editing it to be something decent. To edit 4K footage you need a high spec pc. Sure you can use proxy files but these take ages to make and then you still have to render it. I get frustrated with slow computers so an upgrade was on the cards anyway just sooner than expected.

My new pc now renders in near real time. Before a ten minute 4K render took 35 minutes to complete now it takes 11 minutes and I can now use the pc for other things whilst its busy.

So I now have completed flight videos all properly edited for future enjoyment. I don’t see the point in recording the footage to do nothing with it.

Yes I am fortunate enough to be able to finance my purchases but I therefore get the benefit of making the most of my new hobby.

Reactions: Brewbud
I bought my M2Z at the end of August and since then the setup costs have been mounting. I am hoping I am nearing the end now.

Drone £1099
Fly more kit £279
Dji care £109
4K PC monitor £400
Partial Pc upgrade £2000
Landing mat £10
Crystalsky £679
Filters £60
SD cards £60
Leg extensions £10
Prop holders £8
BITS AND BOBS £70

Loc8tor device £53

How do you guys compare?
Its still cheaper than drinking and smoking

Drone £1099
Fly more kit £279
Dji care £109
4K PC monitor £400
Partial Pc upgrade £2000
Landing mat £10
Crystalsky £679
Filters £60
SD cards £60
Leg extensions £10
Prop holders £8
BITS AND BOBS £70

Loc8tor device £53

How do you guys compare?
thank you. I feel better now

Reactions: gtione

Drone £1099
Fly more kit £279
Dji care £109
4K PC monitor £400
Partial Pc upgrade £2000
Landing mat £10
Crystalsky £679
Filters £60
SD cards £60
Leg extensions £10
Prop holders £8
BITS AND BOBS £70

Loc8tor device £53

How do you guys compare?

Check out the price I paid in Australia
M2Z $2300
Fly more kit $649
Mac Mount $160
Dji care $150
We get ripped off here in Australia

Check out the price I paid in Australia
M2Z $2300
Fly more kit $649
Mac Mount $160
Dji care $150
We get ripped off here in Australia
Why did you pay 2300 for the zoom? They retail 1999 here. I managed to find the fly more kit for 400 on eBay. Sounds like you should shop around a little for a better price

Why did you pay 2300 for the zoom? They retail 1999 here. I managed to find the fly more kit for 400 on eBay. Sounds like you should shop around a little for a better price
Actually your right it was around 2000, got some extra SD cards as well.
Might have to look on eBay next time I shop.

Drone £1099
Fly more kit £279
Dji care £109
4K PC monitor £400
Partial Pc upgrade £2000
Landing mat £10
Crystalsky £679
Filters £60
SD cards £60
Leg extensions £10
Prop holders £8
BITS AND BOBS £70

Loc8tor device £53

How do you guys compare?

I think most of us had the same symptoms at the beginning.

Now with every new drone I buy extra batteries and filters only.

Add to that your new Jaguar and chauffeur to drive you to the park so you can fly your drone ...lol. man you are way over the top. Shop ebay and you'll save youself a heap of money

4K PC monitor £400
Partial Pc upgrade £2000
Crystalsky £679
Loc8tor device £53

I understand your point, it is not just the Drone.

Shirley you can't count these items. The PC upgrade and PS elements are not part of the Drone.
The Locator is superfluous under most jurisdictions your drone should never be more than a few 100 meters from you.
You gave pricing in GBP so we are talking about 300m for a mavic before it is outside visual range.

As for the CrystalSky, Nice but did you *really * need it? How much flying did you do first.

I got the M2P, Fly More, Landing pad, ND filters, a hard case some memory cards and an anemometer.(about £/$10) for wind speed. I already have hi-vis jackets*

Though to be fair I have a Mac-Pro (silver tower) with 2* 24" HD screens CS6 and FCPX already.
I don't shoot 4K. much of the world is still on SD. Not all the UK TV is on HD yet let alone 4K.... I often watch back my 1080p video on a new 55" UHD screen. 1080p is fine. More important is the ND filters and what is actually in the fram and the standard of editing.

*These days every man and his dog (especially at this time of year) has a high vis. I was at one event (ground video) recently where I was in all black and no high vis (it was in my pocket). One of he organisers said I stood out as I was one of the 25% of the people at the event not in a high vis!!!! He said : "If I make you put it on you will disappear into the crowd :) "

Last edited:
Reactions: Big Dazz

Drone £1099
Fly more kit £279
Dji care £109
4K PC monitor £400
Partial Pc upgrade £2000
Landing mat £10
Crystalsky £679
Filters £60
SD cards £60
Leg extensions £10
Prop holders £8
BITS AND BOBS £70

Loc8tor device £53

How do you guys compare?

Well try boating, hot air ballooning, 4 wheeling, motorcycling, fishing, hunting, equine, car racing, gambling your getting buy cheap with your drone hobby.

-G

Reactions: jagraphics
Mavic 2 Pro
Mavic 2 Fly More Kit
Mavic Care Refresh Plan (1Year)
2x San-Disk 64gb SD cards £1743.00

iPad mini 4 cellular £ 529.00

Landing Pad Kit £ 9.90
Height extenders £ 4.79
Toughened Glass Screen Protector for iPAd mini4 £ 9.90
Joystick Protector £ 6.99
iPad Mini protective case £ 2.97

PcFO course £ 750.60
Hotel Costs for PcFO course £ 195.00
Train Fares for PcFO course £ 223.00

Total Cost to date (22/11/2018) £ 3475.15

CAA License fee (not yet paid).

And I have not even flown this drone yet o_O.

Reactions: jagraphics
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer