DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

This is amazing:

OK this is interesting - At 0:48 seconds there is a QR code overlaid on the screen that when scanned directs to WeChat (I don't have wechat installed so can't confirm where it's end point is)

Behind the overlay / on the original footage looks to be a white square of the same size, so probably another QR code.
This is just before the drone lifts off...

So my speculation is that DJI drones can take operational commands via the camera / QR code. This is probably a private API, or maybe the firmware has a "factory test mode" built in.

Does anyone know anything about this?

If true and permanently enabled that would open up possibilities for such shenanigans as printing a large QR code out and placing in your garden that always triggers a RTH or camera_off command, maybe even a "land now".

Pure speculation on my part but definitly the type of automation used to test 1000s of drones in production.

OK this is interesting - At 0:48 seconds there is a QR code overlaid on the screen that when scanned directs to WeChat (I don't have wechat installed so can't confirm where it's end point is)

Behind the overlay / on the original footage looks to be a white square of the same size, so probably another QR code.
This is just before the drone lifts off...

So my speculation is that DJI drones can take operational commands via the camera / QR code. This is probably a private API, or maybe the firmware has a "factory test mode" built in.

Does anyone know anything about this?

If true and permanently enabled that would open up possibilities for such shenanigans as printing a large QR code out and placing in your garden that always triggers a RTH or camera_off command, maybe even a "land now".

Pure speculation on my part but definitly the type of automation used to test 1000s of drones in production.
I scan the QR with my Phone, so it will take me to "weixin.qq.com" :cool:
I'am very interested the original Code :)
Best Regards
Karloenzo

Thanks for sharing, This puts anything in a Boeing factory to shame. Maybe that's why the workers at Boeing call it the lazy "b"
It's difficult to tell what the rate of production is from a short and edited video. Guessing, maybe one unit per minute compared to one Boeing every week or around 10,000. units per week more than an airliner factory. I doubt they slowed down for covid 19 like the airliner factory has.
I enjoyed seeing the part at 01:30.

The 747 would be equivalent to the P4
The 737 would be equivalent to M2P
The 737 max equivalent to the Air 2 or the MM ?

Last edited:
I thought some workers on a production line would be putting the drones together and doing a quick test on completion of assembly - but this is truly impressive. Nice one DJI!

Reactions: pelagic_one
Does the drone at the end of the video have a name or a price tag? Not that I would be able to afford it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom