DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

THIS is why the Air 2 is better than the M2 Pro for video!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you guys keep responding to a guy who is claiming a bird he doesn’t even have is better than the higher level m2a, he wI’ll fill this forum with strange esoteric arguments. Maybe it is cabin fever, lol.

I find it funny that the 1-inch sensor is now referred to as a big sensor. Somebody above even claimed that MP2 has shallow-dept of field advantage. Last time I checked a 1-inch sensor is only about one-eighth the area of a full-frame sensor and one-quarter the area of a crop camera. In other words, all these drones suck in low light including MP2. Also, I can't imagine anyone buying MP2 for shallow-dept. I can understand 10bit color and to an extent low light but shallow-dept absoultley makes no sense.

Of the three advantages you cite for larger sensors, only one is relevant for the comparison between the A2 and the M2P. Shallow dof is not a factor in practice, since both sensors will have everything in focus at distances beyond around 15 feet, and how often do you fly a drone closer than that? DR is actually BETTER with the smaller sensor when using the HDR mode. The low light advantage, yes, that is relevant and significant.
Is the smaller sensor better when using HDR mode compared to the larger 1 inch sensor of the Mavic 2 Pro when it is also using HDR? If that answer is no, and that the larger sensor when also in HDR mode is better, then it is pointless introducing your comment about being better on the small sensor when using HDR.

Last edited:
Reactions: Searat290
Is the smaller sensor better when using HDR mode compared the to larger 1 inch sensor of the Mavic 2 Pro also when it is using HDR? If that answer is no, and that the larger sensor when also in HDR mode is better, then it is pointless introducing your comment about being better on the small sensor when using HDR.
The hdr mode using the larger sensor does not involve using two separate exposures, unlike with the Air 2. Thus the hdr mode with the smaller sensor provides more dynamic range compared to the hdr mode with the bigger sensor.

I find it funny that the 1-inch sensor is now referred to as a big sensor. Somebody above even claimed that MP2 has shallow-dept of field advantage. Last time I checked a 1-inch sensor is only about one-eighth the area of a full-frame sensor and one-quarter the area of a crop camera. In other words, all these drones suck in low light including MP2. Also, I can't imagine anyone buying MP2 for shallow-dept. I can understand 10bit color and to an extent low light but shallow-dept absoultley makes no sense.
Agreed. Amazing how much talk there is about drones as if they were full frame dslrs.

If you guys keep responding to a guy who is claiming a bird he doesn’t even have is better than the higher level m2a, he wI’ll fill this forum with strange esoteric arguments. Maybe it is cabin fever, lol.
Strange? Esoteric? Have to possess a drone in order to gather evidence about its pros and cons? Sigh. Okay, I'll stop arguing that the m2p is better than the original Air, since what do I know, I dont have either one.

Good points. Yes, photo hdr is different from video hdr. The method used by the Air 2 to achieve more dr more closely resembles the photo method than that used by the M2P in that two different exposures are used, but yes, it's still different in many ways. 1080p, are you sure about that? Claims to be 4k. I understand that issues like the ones you describe could be present; that's why I'd like to see a deep dive into this with zoomed-in side by side comparisons. But from what I've seen so far, the gain in dr is dramatic, without major negative tradeoffs. Let's see those comparisons.

Sensorwise the MP2 is a flying Sony's RX100 compact camera while the MA2 is a flying oneplus 7 (somewhere between a iphone 11 and iphone 11 plus in quality).

You jusg wr
Pardon me if I missed someone mentioning this as I read over the post, but no one has said much about the bird itself. Its all been about the camera. The M2 drone is an awesome flying bird. You can tell me all about how the MA takes the wind but The M2 drone is heavier and will take the wind better. Stability has a lot to do with a good video.
Hi, you just wrote exactly what I was thinking. I own an M1P, great drone, 4k vids taken in D Cinelike processed in DaVinci come out very good, considering I'm not a pro videographer or digital artist. If it looks good on my pc and tv, then I'm happy. I won't buy another drone until current one expires.
M1P flies great, copes with moderate wind and very stable. What more is there to say?

Still comparing two drones he's never owned, flown, or shot a single frame or video from. Amazing!
Would that not be like someone trying to decide on two cameras, as to which to buy? You don't have to own them, you simply put the spec sheets side by side and go down the list to see what suits you best and then make a choice between them. Surely you understand that someone could simply compare two drones to see what gives the best overall functions and features to best suit their needs, without actually having to own and or fly them.

I never owned a drone to compare anything when I bought my Mavic Pro. I did look at the spec sheets and watch some videos of it. Same goes for when I sold it to move up to the Mavic 2 Pro, I did not use it or try it out first, I read about it and then made a choice. And I'm happy with what I have, for now.

Heres MP2 D-LOG I made for fun, no real point aside from pushing the sensor to the limits. Its not sunset rather before the sunset its more of a direct sun into camera and testing DR in dark areas very hard light to work with its where 10bit D-LOG shines. This type of video id like to see from MA2, BTW I'm also getting MA2 purely because its lighter for less important jobs but MP2 stays until mp3.

At the end of the day - We all like what we like and there is not really any point in arguing about what is better. We each have our own opinions and if something works for us each then END OF STORY.

Something for us all to consider.

Reactions: Searat290
At the end of the day - We all like what we like and there is not really any point in arguing about what is better. We each have our own opinions and if something works for us each then END OF STORY.

Something for us all to consider.
I agree 100% so much I see no need of this thread going
on anymore. I have had to delete post, issue warnings over
nothing but some wanting to argue over nothing.

So it’s not just the END OF STORY it's

dos30bc_8036fb8cf8ced41ca30858df79e7e9af8221ec4f.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member