DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Platinum This morning’s storm (short)

I didn't see any storm just clouds with some sun. Plus, almost a third of it had no video just some music. You could have cut that part out. Beautiful sunrise, though.

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
Yeah, nice sunrise and Hyper Lapse but a half min of credits, no. You were right though, it was short.
Thanks for your critique. Yes, you are absolutely right… too heavy on the credits. I got carried away applying the credits that I usually do on my longer videos. I’ll try to do better next time!

Beautifully done. Excellent speed ramp, great music too.
Thanks! It does have a couple speed ramps. I’ve never applied ramps to a time-lapse before.
The other thing I’ve learned recently is how to set my camera for time-lapse. It has to be manual, especially on an MPP. I’ve been doing it wrong for years.

Very unique! Would love to know what you've been doing wrong re: time-lapse on the mpp, and what you do now.

Probably lots of us with a MP would like to know! :)

Very unique! Would love to know what you've been doing wrong re: time-lapse on the mpp, and what you do now.

Probably lots of us with a MP would like to know! :)
Thanks.

The thing I did in the past is leave the camera on Automatic, and just set the exposure level. Two things would happen: As the lighting in the field of view changed, the shutter speed would then adjust causing a visible "jump" in the appearance. The second thing that would happen, perhaps only on my MPP, I would get pictures in the sequence that were highly over exposed, sometime white. Out of 300+ pictures, this would happen two or three times. During post production, I would have to go through and find these photos and erase them from the sequence. Don't know why it happened, perhaps because the camera was in the middle of adjusting the shutter.

I now set the camera to manual and adjust the shutter speed to obtain the exposure that I want. Over the last two time-lapse events I have filmed, there are no "jumps" and white frames. I need to do more TL to see if I've really solved my problem.

I got on to this "manual" camera approach while filming a video on my M2P that included direct sun in the field of view. Much better control.

Reactions: WildDoktor
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman