DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

This Teen was attacked by a woman 8 years ago for flying his drone near a beach. This is a federal crime. Will RID increase these confrontations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they do have plate readers in places.
Yes, most police cars are equipped with plate readers. It's automatic. If the police car gets behind a car, regardless of the reason, most police vehicles will inform the officer of any interactions the registered driver has had with law enforcement over the past several years. What the officer does with that information is up to that officer.

Last edited:
I'm jealous, in my country you get thrown in jail if you punch someone in self-defense, it's ridiculous
I carry pepper spray. After spraying the person interfering with my drone flight, ie violating FAA law, run away while they are blind, then land your drone away far from the area of confrontation, pack it up and leave.

I'm not sure if, we as legal aircraft pilots, should call police yet. They do not seem to be properly educated regarding the status of drone pilots actually being aircraft pilots. We are actually considered aircraft pilots and should be respected as such. When we are attacked or interfered with, it should be considered an act of terrorism, or the attacker should be investigated by Homeland Security.

I'm not sure if, we as legal aircraft pilots, should call police yet. They do not seem to be properly educated regarding the status of drone pilots actually being aircraft pilots. We are actually considered aircraft pilots and should be respected as such. When we are attacked or interfered with, it should be considered an act of terrorism, or the attacker should be investigated by Homeland Security.

In my experience, they knew it quite well but tried to chase me off at the request of a local business. The latest one was a distillery in central KY called Woodford Reserve. I've been filming along the Bourbon Trail.

I was launching from outside the property where I was given permission.

They do not seem to be properly educated regarding the status of drone pilots actually being aircraft pilots. We are actually considered aircraft pilots and should be respected as such. When we are attacked or interfered with, it should be considered an act of terrorism, or the attacker should be investigated by Homeland Security.
Just because you've read similar things here, that doesn't mean it's true.
Try it out and you'll be laughed at.

Just because you've read similar things here, that doesn't mean it's true.
Try it out and you'll be laughed at.
For lack of a better word, my post was rhetorical. I meant to sound delusional in thinking such an idea could or would ever be considered.

I wouldn't be one to do what I'm about to suggest. But if you are ever confronted and thus control of your drone is compromised, call 911 immediately. Land your drone and await law enforcement.

Once the police arrive, have them file a report of interfering with an aircraft pilot. Later, you can send the report and contact info of the interfering citizen to the FAA.

What I'm saying is, we as drone pilots can turn the situation around and have the interfering citizen confronted by the FAA.

The worst part of remote ID is that any Joe Schmoe will be able to get the location of a pilot. It's unfortunate that the FAA did not consider all of the dangerous potential this presents. They should have limited access to law enforcement and air traffic control.

I wouldn't be one to do what I'm about to suggest. But if you are ever confronted and thus control of your drone is compromised, call 911 immediately. Land your drone and await law enforcement.

Once the police arrive, have them file a report of interfering with an aircraft pilot. Later, you can send the report and contact info of the interfering citizen to the FAA.

What I'm saying is, we as drone pilots can turn the situation around and have the interfering citizen confronted by the FAA.
That sounds delusional too.

Out here in the land of Lori Lightfoot Kim Fox (Jussie Smolett prosecutorial excuser) if you even dare show that you have a firearm before you are attacked or have a gun in your face you will be charged with “brandishing “. I don’t think I would openly display even if it were legal. You become a different kind of target, especially when your attention is elsewhere such as flying.

How would a regular Joe use remote id to locate a drone and its pilot. Is this an app you'd open up and be able to see any drone in the vicinity?

The worst part of remote ID is that any Joe Schmoe will be able to get the location of a pilot. It's unfortunate that the FAA did not consider all of the dangerous potential this presents. They should have limited access to law enforcement and air traffic control.

Maybe they want that outcome. It'll force people out of the hobby and give more reasons to tighten regulations. In the end, all of the delivery companies will have clear airspace.

How would a regular Joe use remote id to locate a drone and its pilot. Is this an app you'd open up and be able to see any drone in the vicinity?

There are apps now but they're clunky and crash. It'll take a while before a good app pops up.

Reactions: Jam0ne
We as a "drone community" are doomed...
Why ?
So many here claim to "support drones" (community) , yet they FOLD as soon as they are "challenged", even tho they are in the right. Then cry about why "we have no rights"

Fold = Give up/surrender their rights.

Some here are "their own worst enemy".
The enemy within.

"Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety"

Rights: Use em or lose em.

We as a "drone community" are doomed...
Why ?
So many here claim to "support drones" (community) , yet they FOLD as soon as they are "challenged", even tho they are in the right. Then cry about why "we have no rights"

Fold = Give up/surrender their rights.

Some here are "their own worst enemy".
The enemy within.

"Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety"

Rights: Use em or lose em.
Oh dear - yet another drive-by Franklin quote that entirely misunderstands what he was saying.

Reactions: dronerdave
Thread has gone off-topic

1671561573427.png

Reactions: Drone Master
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads