DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thor's Drone World iPad mount

Doesn't matter. Next time you fly have someone wave something in front of your antennas.

The signal is easily affected by many things s

Exactly why I built my mount to keep my iPad out of the way. The first version I made I mounted my iPad similar to the V3 and noticed a loss of range.

Just did a 3000m without any issue !

That's about where it dropped my range down to as well.

Just checked my log.
10250 ft with my tablet mounted above antennas like v3.
16134 ft by changing tablet position to below antennas.

These distances are where the remote lost all contact with the Mavic and it initiated RTH.

Last edited:
That's about where it dropped my range down to as well.

Just checked my log.
10250 ft with my tablet mounted above antennas like v3.
16134 ft by changing tablet position to below antennas.

These distances are where the remote lost all contact with the Mavic and it initiated RTH.

Ok but I didn't lost the signal at 3000m ! For sure I could have fly more ! Will test again and let you know

Ok but I didn't lost the signal at 3000m ! For sure I could have fly more ! Will test again and let you know

I didn't lose contact at 3000m either. I was at 3124.2 meters and was by no means attempting max distance. That is where I dropped signal on the first flight with tablet above antenna. Moved tablet below antennas and gained 6000 ft of distance. Never even thought of putting my tablet back above the antennas to try again. Who would?
Besides, the mount I built myself is super light, locks itself onto the remote, and puts the screen pretty much anywhere I want, and my distance is only limited by battery life now so I'm not looking to change.

Last edited:
I didn't lose contact at 3000m either. I was at 3124.2 meters and was by no means attempting max distance. That is where I dropped signal on the first flight with tablet above antenna. Moved tablet below antennas and gained 6000 ft of distance. Never even thought of putting my tablet back above the antennas to try again. Who would?
Besides, the mount I built myself is super light, locks itself onto the remote, and puts the screen pretty much anywhere I want, and my distance is only limited by battery life now so I'm not looking to change.

Ok got it ! Let me some time to fly again !

Reactions: Jixxerz
Ok got it ! Let me some time to fly again !

I hope it works out for you I really do. Just thought I would mention the problems I had with my tablet there in case anyone has the same problem. The more I think about it my problem may have been something as simple as interference. Like I said I never tried to replicate the results. I moved it, it worked better and I left it. I'm too used to where I keep it now to even think about moving it again.
Anyway I've tried lots of mounts and tablet positions if I can offer any input let me know.

I got mine today. Forgot portability. Also you need to assemble and disassemble every time to keep it close to small. I use a LowePro designed for the Mavic and the Breeze, and I need to take this apart to jam it into the case with 3 batteries.

I too have a concern about the antennas being interrupted by the iPad.

Can't fly today. Too high a wind, and rain coming and going, so maybe tomorrow.

Didn't have issue with antenna ! If you place well the iPad, no issue !

18d1480ef48c0ef3c81e037431d4a3a4.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78