DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thor's Drone World iPad mount

MesaAZGuy

Reactions
I just received my Thor's iPad mount for my Mavic. The mount is holding my mini iPad 4. Works awesome!

Made in Norway. Took about a week to receive which is unbelievably fast. Quality of materials is beautiful. No metals to mess up GPS.

Attachments

• IMG_7726.JPG
    IMG_7726.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 246
Which version did you get? How does the balance feel with the iPad out in front of the controller?

It is the latest version. They call it the V3. It doesn't feel heavy to me. I still bought the lanyard but haven't felt the need to use it. i guess when you are busy flying, everything else is second...

That looks great, and very well built.

Only seems to make sense to me though if you have an iPad, not a Mini.

Also it doesn't look very portable. That would make it a non-starter for me. I can just fit my iPad Mini 4 inside my DSLR bag with my Mavic, so it still feels very portable. This thing looks massive meaning I'd need a bigger bag.

I built mine out of a lot of various mounts and parts because I couldn't find one I liked.

Attachments

• IMG_0670.JPG
    IMG_0670.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 153
Reactions: Jumbotron
Well, this isn't for everyone in terms of being portable. I prefer the use of the mini on this mount and gives me greater confidence flying farther with the larger screen. For portability, I would just leave it home if need be. Having said that, the mount is well made. The sun screen makes it look really big, but living in Arizona, theres no way around not using a shade :)

It is the latest version. They call it the V3. It doesn't feel heavy to me. I still bought the lanyard but haven't felt the need to use it. i guess when you are busy flying, everything else is second...
Thanks, I've been thinking about getting the V3.

I've been using one of those small, aluminum mounts, which works well and is more portable than the Thor. But I like the design of the V3 and the idea of having the iPad out in front of the controller. I'm not mush worried about weight, but it looked like the it would be front heavy. But I would be using it with a lanyard.

I ordered the lanyard but haven't felt the need for it. I guess with 20 minutes of flying time, its not that fatiguing!

I ordered the lanyard but haven't felt the need for it. I guess with 20 minutes of flying time, its not that fatiguing!
I agree, it's not fatiguing at all. But it does help if I want to use my hands for something else while I'm holding the controller. The controller and an iPad are light enough to be able to just hang there.

Nice, i ordered mine a few days ago!
Im on the fence about ordering the shade

Well, for me, living in the desert southwest, the sun always shines on tv... Needed whatever help I could get seeing the iPad.

You'll love it. It does have some flex with the weight of the mini iPad, but it isn't anything of concern. I find it very stable when solely depending on the iPad and controller for flight once it gets out of sight.

What you mean by flex with weight ?

(Sorry but English is not my native tongue)

The mount is made of acrylic which has some flexibility.

V3 received ! Really good mount !! The position of the screen is perfect and totally adjustable ! For sure it adds a little weight and have to think about transportation but really like it ! Can't wait to fly with it !

And the guy from the site is very cool !

Mavic Mount | Thor's Drone World

Some pics:

8e7636277fb71e443fb0803291fa996b.jpg

6a46d1862421a631eac53c6aef82859f.jpg
01bda5d1e5dfdf7e05f9800b10fe5e05.jpg
bfc344270b986554a6b6282399653c7a.jpg

Why ? Didn't heard about any issue with interference due to this mount !

It's not in metal [emoji6]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag