DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Those living in and around fire zones were also told to stop using drones to capture the scene.

How many posts are we going to have about drone interference in firefighting. If they can't fight fires with drones around, they should get a job at McDonald's.
Ever heard of ‘situational awareness’?

Put yourself in the pilot’s seat of one of those helicopters or tankers… there are hundreds of things those pilots have to think about all at once…. most in the name of safety while still achieving their mission - and avoiding other manned aircraft in the immediate vicinity. All the while having to deal with the smoke and the heat and the adrenaline.

The last thing they need to worry about is a head-on with a drone through the windscreen.

How many posts are we going to have about drone interference in firefighting. If they can't fight fires with drones around, they should get a job at McDonald's.
I think that rather than looking for jobs flipping burgers that they will ban drones all together ....Want fries with that ban?
They use Helicopters and helicopter pilots are REAL pilots with FAA cert issued after a lot of training and testing....and their livelihood depends on operating safely and keeping their certification. The pilot of manned aircraft may not operate ( including taking off) in the vicinity of a possible danger ( think drone here) ...and drone operators are to defer to manned aircraft ( it is in the rules......check out the rules)...I hope this clears up any confusion you may have.

Last edited:
This is why we can't have nice things.

It never ceases to amaze me that there are idiots who think flying a drone in ANY wildfire situation, whether planes are in the air or not. These are the types of people who have made the FAA clamp down on the rest of us with all the recent rules and regs. Unbelievable!

I've lurked around here for a while, but I am getting out of the hobby and selling my drones. [Removed by ADMIN] You give reasons for John/Jane Doe public to approach pilots with a bad attitude about drones, and with good reasons. Endangering the life of people just because you want to fly wherever the heck you want, any time you want, regardless of safety.
Entitled Idiot.

Last edited by a moderator:
How is a drone going to prevent fire fighters from entering an area? No intelligent drone pilot would fly over a fire. They're probably shooting from a long distance away with their zoom.
Your right, "No intelligent" drone pilot would fly over a fire.
That said, a fire bomber will be grounded if it does not have a 3 mile visibility.
I highly think that any of these drone shots were zoomed from 3 miles away!
What I think is sad, is that people have to be educated about dangerous situations.
You talk about the "Karen's" making false statements all the time, I'm more
troubled by the complete drone flying idiots that just don't get it!!
Also, how would you like seeing your home burning down from some guy
posting his videos on social media! Maybe...just maybe..he could capture a rare
moment of somebody's pet dog running down the street on fire. Wow..great footage
for all to see.
GROW THE HECK UP!!!!!

The airspace required around the fires could change in minutes or even seconds. So the emergency service dont want to worry about unauthorised drones , so potentially you could cause an emergency aircraft some damage or even crash. It’s so selfish and irrisponible to fly in the area and also it gives drone pilots a bad name. So dont do it

Yes, the drone pilots might catch the arsonists and other bad actors... Capturing evidence of the crime is bad...

Get real.

The last thing needed in a wildfire emergency situation is a bunch of amateurs doing the Barney Fife thing.

It's not a matter of them trying to conceal evidence. It's absolutely ridiculous to suggest that professional fire fighters would try to hide the identity of arsonists or suppress evidence to prosecute them.

It's not big government stepping on the toes of the common man. It's a matter of professionals putting their lives on the line to do their job and not wanting a bunch of amateurs cavorting around and pretending there's a valid reason to be there. Nothing you do will help and you just might do something that has a very bad result.

How is a drone going to prevent fire fighters from entering an area? No intelligent drone pilot would fly over a fire. They're probably shooting from a long distance away with their zoom.

If they're intelligent drone pilots, they're not flying over OR NEAR a fire. It's the unintelligent drone pilots who think they're entitled to barge onto the scene for their own amusement who get in the way of the professionals working as a team to deal with the fire.

I have a friend who jumped into wildfires in Alaska for 20 years and another friend who flew water bombers over fires. I'll pass on your career suggestions to them.

Apparently we need a few more posts about drones not interfering with firefighting operations. Some folks don't seem to have picked up on the facts and reality of it yet.

I've lurked around here for a while, but I am getting out of the hobby and selling my drones. [Removed by ADMIN] You give reasons for John/Jane Doe public to approach pilots with a bad attitude about drones, and with good reasons. Endangering the life of people just because you want to fly wherever the heck you want, any time you want, regardless of safety.
Entitled Idiot.
Just a thought. With all the drifters running all over onlookers and posting videos, are you giving up your car? Don't let the idiots stop your fun!

I've lurked around here for a while, but I am getting out of the hobby and selling my drones. It's idiots like you that have made my mind up about the hobby. You give reasons for John/Jane Doe public to approach pilots with a bad attitude about drones, and with good reasons. Endangering the life of people just because you want to fly wherever the heck you want, any time you want, regardless of safety.
Entitled Idiot.
Don’t let the idiots spoil your enjoyment, some pilots think they can do what they want when they want. They are such idiots

come on man... flying in an active fire zone just to get fire phots regardless of local fire officials.. kind of selfish and condescending. If you want to help off with fire.... stay the hell away from it.
Selfish and condescending doesn't even begin to cover it. Fire fighting water tankers and helicopters have been forced to land because of fools, idiots--and I should also add, criminals--flying drones in active fire zones.

Reactions: BigAl07
Entitled Idiot.
We need more guys like you who want to fly responsibly.......stick with us.....I think the guy who got us all going on this got the message...he has not been around for a while, now 👍

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CorvusWorks