DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Those who haven’t used their DJI Care Refresh and it’s about to expire soon....

DJI will email you about a week before expiration and again a few days before it. They make it very easy to pay them more money. Lol

I just went with State Farm insurance policy on my 2 DJI drones (1 MP, 1 M2P) here in Texas.
My refresh will be expiring soon also, does DJI notify you that expiration is coming up or do you have to keep track of it?

I have some really minor damage to my drone and have flown it tons since. I don’t want to use my refresh simply because I don’t want a refurb that has been taken apart and put back together.

I will probably have mine repaired by a third party for something that minor.

Reactions: charliesRig
I can’t imagine deliberately trashing a good drone that I use and trust, just to get a new one. I guess that the sort of person that would do this, is someone I hope I never need to do business with.
I think we are all capable of bending the rules at times, but I would like to think that most of us also have some personal integrity.

Yes, used it once through stupidity indoors. Very good service, if we all did that the price would go up or they may not offer it.

Alan

AMA has hobby liability but not hull insurance
Also AMA has commercial liability.
State Farm has PAP (like hull) but not liability insurance

Yes, used it once through stupidity indoors. Very good service, if we all did that the price would go up or they may not offer it.

Alan
I agree it's supposed to be a good piece of mind for us while we hone are skills. Not to take advantage of i think it goes with a generation that
I didn't grow up in. I'M 61 years old and have different morals.

Reactions: Mavic 57
To those who haven’t used their DJI Care Refresh and it’s about to expire soon, are you guys planning to renew it with Refresh+? Mine is about to expire soon by September, was thinking of renewing it or just get a drone insurance like StateFarm or AllState or others. Which one is a better option?
If you cash in on Care Refresh, your State Farm rates don't go up.

D

Reactions: Jhun80
If your in Europe you can't get a second year refresh. My take on the reason for this is.

1). In Europe a year of flying makes us more susceptible to a flying accident, so DJI see us as too big a risk.

2). In the USA after a year 99.9% of drone pilots never crash, so let's offer them a second year and make some money.

Wow...I am English and those statements are "tongue in cheek" (Joking) before anyone starts a fight.

On a serious note I still don't understand why in Europe we can't get a second year refresh.

Reactions: GrigoriosT
If your in Europe you can't get a second year refresh. My take on the reason for this is.

1). In Europe a year of flying makes us more susceptible to a flying accident, so DJI see us as too big a risk.

2). In the USA after a year 99.9% of drone pilots never crash, so let's offer them a second year and make some money.

Wow...I am English and those statements are "tongue in cheek" (Joking) before anyone starts a fight.

On a serious note I still don't understand why in Europe we can't get a second year refresh.
Ironically, after a year of flying, one has gotten past the infant pilot mortality crashes, and should be a better risk to insure for another year than a new pilot. Perhaps, DJI figures the current FAA restrictions on flying are now so draconian in the U.S. that the risk is minimal, because the current legal places to fly are so far from most pilots' homes that most drone owners will rarely fly. Without new drones being released and sold this year, renewing old drone policies is now a new profit stream for DJI.

I purchased Refresh+ right after Refresh itself. You don't have to wait a year. Besides an extra refresh for the 2nd year, it extends the warranty for 2 years.
I have to check if the extention includes the battery. I doubt it but it might as some other components with less than a year get the full 2 years or at least doubled.

Note though that your first two refresh expires after the first year, with the extra one taking over for the 2nd. At least that's what I understand. Wording can be confusing.

Reactions: Thomas B
I purchased Refresh+ right after Refresh itself. You don't have to wait a year. Besides an extra refresh for the 2nd year, it extends the warranty for 2 years.
I have to check if the extention includes the battery. I doubt it but it might as some other components with less than a year get the full 2 years or at least doubled.

Note though that your first two refresh expires after the first year, with the extra one taking over for the 2nd. At least that's what I understand. Wording can be confusing.
That’s how I understood it.

Can you provide a link to the policy terms for Refresh+? Would love to see the wording for myself, since I bought Refresh Care.

Looks like one replacement during the second year, but only if you have one unused from the first year of Care Refresh. Still only two replacements in total, with the same additional $119 fee for the second one during the second year, after paying $139 more for Refresh+ for the second year.

"Please Note:
Before purchasing DJI Care Refresh +, ensure that the DJI Care Refresh purchased for your aircraft is still valid, and there is at least one replacement left."

Seems like the only thing not covered under the up to 4x warranty extension is the battery.

"The product’s extended warrantyperiod is based on the purchase date of DJI Care Refresh + and the warranty of theproduct or components. The warranty period for the gimbal, camera, and vision sensors is increased by four times."

For the frequent flyer, seems like a good deal, if you aren't eligible for State Farm's personal article's policy, like all those residing in CA and AZ!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronesforlife