DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thoughts on new ND filters from DJI

That is a pretty big "if" and for that price, my money is on them being of a quality of material that will degrade the image.

I just don't see DJI putting out a **** filter. These guys kind of know their stuff when it comes to cameras.

I'm prepared to be proved wrong and will apologise if these £11 filters are the dog's danglies and do not cause any degredation in image quality.

I will be the first to sell my Taco-RCs and my soon to arrive PolarPro Cinema series filters and buy DJI

These guys kind of know their stuff when it comes to cameras.

Erm, the Mavic camera has

(1) a massive red spot / blue fringe in the center of DNG, mostly corrected by their MOV and JPEG routines but somehow not documented or acknowledged by DJI,

(2) a continuing manufacturing defect where the sensor is not aligned with the lenses, giving bad corner focus for a lot of people,

(3) a compression on JPEG so aggressive people use the term "watercolor" to describe it.

DJI integrated a camera because they needed a camera. They know gimbals pretty well (though this one is constrained by its weight/profile), and they know multicopter control pretty well, and they know radio two-way link communication really well. Either the price point and the market they're after means the camera is just not their main focus, or they just don't know cameras all that well.

Reactions: Lees23 and maikm
Erm, the Mavic camera has

(1) a massive red spot / blue fringe in the center of DNG, mostly corrected by their MOV and JPEG routines but somehow not documented or acknowledged by DJI,

(2) a continuing manufacturing defect where the sensor is not aligned with the lenses, giving bad corner focus for a lot of people,

(3) a compression on JPEG so aggressive people use the term "watercolor" to describe it.

DJI integrated a camera because they needed a camera. They know gimbals pretty well (though this one is constrained by its weight/profile), and they know multicopter control pretty well, and they know radio two-way link communication really well. Either the price point and the market they're after means the camera is just not their main focus, or they just don't know cameras all that well.
That might be the reason they are investing in Hasselblad. On the other hand, I see a lot of positive reviews about DJI cameras from people who earn money by filming stuff. I call them professional filmmakers and I kinda trust them.

Sent from my XT1572 using MavicPilots mobile app

This looks to be a one-size-fits-all filter.

I'll buy the DJI ones and let you know, they can't be that bad and I think the price is pretty good.

Colibrí Fly Safe

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juanfraf