DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thoughts on progression videos...

Ron-EP

Reactions
Hey all, I live in a place where it snows about once every 3-4 years. Of course this year we got about 3" of snow. While beautiful I'm annoyed that the snow will change the look of my weekly progression video. In the end it's just going to be a quick time lapse but I'm wondering if my personal preference to not wanting snow in my shot is just silly. I could always go next week when all the white is gone.

Thanks!

I would say it's the real world and part of the progression that you are recording, it will not distort the progression so whilst not "silly" I'd let it be.
Just in case it does really bug you, take a replacement shot as soon as the snow has gone.

I personally don't care for SNOW in any pics/videos unless it's to promote the snow/weather etc.

I personally don't care for SNOW in any pics/videos unless it's to promote the snow/weather etc.
Generally, I find snow and dreary days do not much enhance images. There is very little color, or detail an they are so drab, I really stop looking at them quickly.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigAl07
Generally, I find snow and dreary days do not much enhance images. There is very little color, or detail an they are so rag, I really stop looking at them quickly.

Exactly the same here. And when you get a bright sunny day and you add snow the camera says NO Thank You LOL

Exactly the same here. And when you get a bright sunny day and you add snow the camera says NO Thank You LOL
I have always had trouble photographing snow. I know, I know, the meter reads the snow as neutral grey and underexposes it, usually several stops, so the shot comes out dark. So we are taught to open the shutter more. That also over exposes the non-snow portions of the image. I can correct in post when it is a RAW image, but more difficult with a drone video.

Dale

Reactions: BigAl07
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lab916