DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thoughts on the new firmware .600

Just did a few flights with an S7, .600 and 4.0.6 and turned the audio recording off and my cache videos are good again. No flight issues other than one app glitch when I got a Google hangout notification so I will let that slide.

Good to hear... ThumbswayupThumbswayup

p.s :- long distance flight? or just casual flying?

If somebody who does Vblog suff like Dragon7 etc. wants to do a Mavic video that will get tons of interest they should do distance flights using each version of the firmware and see if the observations of pilots like myself are correct. My experience is that the range and stability of .400 is far better than .500
I can't compare it to other versions because I have no plans of updating again unless forced to, but the posts suggest .500 was the start of the problem and it has not changed.
IMHO I think DJI has just changed the threshold levels for the signals and they don't plan on going back.

As for NFZ, I have not seen that word on my screen since I downgraded.

Rob

Reactions: Bintryin
I think a user in this thread mentioned he flew 8km with .600 and encountered no connection issues..

Ok moved mine from London to Thailand

Did 4.1 kilos out PGPS 4,1 back spirt mode video on all the time

Still had 3 to 4 bars on both video and RC no issues in fligh. Take offaltitude was 742 metres ASL

Flew between 70 and 120 metres ATP still beliw the mountain tops either side of me in a valley.

Sport mode ate my battery so fast i inly just got back it auto landed initiated right as it hit the home point

Video cached fine whole flight of 16 minutes

No camera issues at all (just cameraman ones)

Stabillity was perfect

Alll firmware current

This was all from cached video on phone. As this was a test flight after upgrading FW in London and moving it to Thailand i was not worrying about how the video looked only how it flew

So far no issues with goid range and stabilllity

Iphone 7plus all stock and current firmware

No calibrations done at all after the flight here

Next week i will have clear water for miles so will test her there too

Its ok i have a spare mavic so hapoy to gove it a go

Reactions: Wacker2611
I posted this a couple days ago....

My Gimbal Roll was off making horizon not level.
I'm really starting to think when firmware hangs that it does cause issues....

I had to set roll at -0.4 to have it leveled right.

gimball setting when I went back to 0400 firmware from 0600.

301288827c89f991c81d506cf4d1bb4c.jpg

Sooo.... I decided to go back to 0600 firmware again. Keep in mind 0600 firmware had this exact problem which I though originated from it. Well I re-calibrated IMU, Compass and Gimbal. I also set gimbal to 0.0 before going back to 0600.

Now I have on 0600 the gimbal at 0.0 and it's level.

ebcb1d15d271fc25fac9dd149f622121.jpg

One thing I do notice that I had when upgrading first time to 0600 and when I went back to 0400 was that my firmware was hanging sometimes during upgrade/downgrade and I had to shut down DJI Assistant 2.0 and Mavic. I then realized there is an update to Assistant 2.0 that I was not aware of. I updated assistant to the latest version... 1.1.0-2.

When I updated back to 0600 this last time my firmware installed 0600 perfectly on Mavic and RC with no hang ups and my gimbal was perfectly level.

Just wanted to share hoping it well help others. My issue is resolved for now.... I'm wondering if those experiencing issues had hang ups with firmware updates which may have caused this... I don't know... but that is the only thing I can figure out.

I did the same exact steps including IMU, COMPASS and GIMBAL Calibrations when I upgraded to 0600 the first time then back down to 0400 and then before going back to 0600 uninstalled old DJI Assistant 2.0 and then installed new version and then proceeded to upgrade firmware to 0600. Not sure if this has anything to do with it by not having those hangups but it fixed it.

Mike

Ok, I noted some good things and some bad things...

But I only flew once ever since the .600 update so need more flights first to confirm..

Good, I noted that I suffer Video signal inteference a lot slower than usual.. normally when I start flying for not more than a minute or so, my video signal will flash to indicate there is interference.
With the .600, I flew till around 1km away only then the video interference kick in... Could be coincidence I flew over some place with heavy interference before but going to need more test flights to confirm on this..

Second good thing, Night videos, I can't explain it but trying to video night shots, the video color looks more "pleasing" to me somehow.. I can't explain.. I'll try and dig out some night videos I made and try to do a side by side comparison..

Third... This one I can't say for sure is correct or not, but its iin regards to the "forced landing" protocol in the Mavic. I had it autoland and when it reaches .5m, it asked for confirmation to land and I had to slide a bar to confirm a landing... Would that be the "Force Landing" you guys kept referring to where you c an't push the stick up to abort it?

Well, I did that, slide the bar and push the stick, the Mavic aborts the landing.. I tried to do it again but for some reason, it no longer asked for confirmation to land and just goes straight for a landing when I initiated a Autoland..So do tell me whether what I did before was a "force landing".. If it is, then I think DJI put back the abort landing with the stick thingy.. maybe.. I'm gonna try again later after I got time and charged my battery and stuff..

Now to the bad....Only one, but it **** way near gave me a heart attack..

I flew to this lake place that is roughly 1k meter away from me.. have done it many times before and yes, I sometimes suffer video interference and even radio interference but my Mavic can go further than that most of the times no problem and I can still take some nice vids..

Well, when I reach that spot , everything went black.. total radio and video signal loss... my heart was pounding like mad and I was trying very hard not to panic . I kept trying to remember whether it was 30 seconds or 20 seconds my Mavic will start RTH when the signal remains loss..

With my heart pounding hard, the message pop up around like 2 to 3 times saying signal loss and asks whether I wanna initiate a RTH.. **** **** I want to and I kept clicking OK after each message.. And Thank the heavens, my Mavic did return and I regain signal when it is roughly 700 plus meter away from me..

I'm worried over this wondering whether .600 have kind of mess up the range that I use to be able to go with my mavic in previous firmwares..

I'm not sure whether I will dare to try it again but only time will tell..

So drop a comment here on what do you think of the .600 firmware update..

Fly safe...

I understand you fully when you said that your heart was pounding and almost got a heart attack. I on the other hand was not fortunate like you as I had the very same problem and started drifting away till it went out to sea and never came back. I tried everything after the new firmware 600. I tried the RTH button, I tried the control sticks to get it back. But, never responded to my commands. I am now hoping that once the firmware 600 is to blame, DJI will provide me with another. I have sent all the things they asked for. 2 of my friends had the same problem on the very same day as mine after upgrading to the new 600. One just fell out of the sky after his props shut down. ( Please note that his battery was still at 85% ) And the other friend just crashed into a building when his Phanthom 4 decided to go out of control and just won't respond to his commands. My guess is that the new firmware is to blame. I have even seen complaints similar to mine in various forums. I even called the shop owner where I bought mine from to be aware of the new firmware fo clients not to upgrade to anything before they are sure that the 600 is safe.

Now that it was brought up earlier.... I do believe my camera though leveled... Was taking 8 to 10 seconds to level out correctly.

Those of you on 0400... Is this happening to you too or is this something recently happening in the these latest FW updates?

Sheesh I'll have to check my Mavic again tonight and see if that delay is happening. That would suck if everytime you make a turn you have to wait 10 seconds to level. I do t recall this happening on 0400. But I'm no longer on 0400 now. Feedback please?????? I may have to do what others are doing and stay on 0400 if I can gimbal roll to balance properly. It does seem very stable for all other aspects.

Looking yo hear more feedback on this.

View media item 623Just to add my experience in this conversation. I was in .0400. I tried .0500 and in about 500-600m had seen some noticeable drops in signal bars that I hadn't seen before in such short distance. This happened in my area which is rural. I downgraded to .0400. When the .0600 came out I gave it a try. I did a 2.8km of distance in a rural area without a single glitch in signal. I could do more just didn't want to push it too much, battery wise. I even had an unwanted experience. As I was flying, I flown underneath some high voltage power cables. In that moment, I got a red warning about compass calibration. Never had such warning mid flight. After I moved a few meters, the warning was gone.
So far, I am OK with 0600, flight wise.

Flying UNDER high voltage cables can give you really bad compass issues. Flying ABOVE them is usually o.k.

Ok so i just did a 5km range tedt on 0600 over water ie the Andaman sea.

Started in hover at 6 feet over water OA on sun out and bright skies

Slowly took her forward and up to 100m amd out 5km

No signal loss no video loss both had 4 bars stil

Precision landing off

Stability excellent

Ios latest go 4 and 0600 iphone7 plus into bottom port

At 5 kilo out i hit RTH

I originally took off from asmall plastic table on beach

Rth worked perfectly again and if i had bot cancelled auto land one foot above the table which is only twice as big as mavic she would have landed back on table

5 kilos back with OA OFF in RTH

So that is 4 kilo test over mountains cliffs and natonal park and 5 kilo over the sea

On return i put her on hover over the sea 50 m out from beach and 5 meters high

She sat there with 20 sats locked in and never once tried to descend

Moved spots tried again

Not any issues at all

This is a Russian bought mavic so european spec

tomorrow i will try ny Thai bought Mavic and see if there are any differences

So far for me thankfully everything works every time. ..........

SO FAR

Ok so i just did a 5km range tedt on 0600 over water ie the Andaman sea.

Started in hover at 6 feet over water OA on sun out and bright skies

Slowly took her forward and up to 100m amd out 5km

No signal loss no video loss both had 4 bars stil

Precision landing off

Stability excellent

Ios latest go 4 and 0600 iphone7 plus into bottom port

At 5 kilo out i hit RTH

I originally took off from asmall plastic table on beach

Rth worked perfectly again and if i had bot cancelled auto land one foot above the table which is only twice as big as mavic she would have landed back on table

5 kilos back with OA OFF in RTH

So that is 4 kilo test over mountains cliffs and natonal park and 5 kilo over the sea

On return i put her on hover over the sea 50 m out from beach and 5 meters high

She sat there with 20 sats locked in and never once tried to descend

Moved spots tried again

Not any issues at all

This is a Russian bought mavic so european spec

tomorrow i will try ny Thai bought Mavic and see if there are any differences

So far for me thankfully everything works every time. ..........

SO FAR

That's interesting feedback, but where you bought a Mavic from will have no bearing on range etc. It's where you fly from that counts.

Ah yes, sorry didn't realise they were on different firmwares. If you get a chance, report back, as I for one would very interested in any differences. Must admit I'm not noticing anything negative though.

This happened to me as well, everything black I panicked hit a tree.

So this is my first incident after about 20 flights with my Mavic Pro. I upgraded to the latest firmware and DJI GO 4 App. Then I went to launch the drone at the beach to capture some sunset scenes. Everything connected and looked good to go. I launched the drone and then immediately it lost all connection with my control pad and started drifting slightly , and then it seemed to be trying to land but couldnt find a place it liked so it kept drifting into a bush. I was hitting full throttle down and the propellers kept going and going in the brush. Kinda like a lawn mower. Total flight time about 1 minute. I think my props are toast and I'm a little worried the motors may have sustained some damage with trying to chop through the plants and grass. I had to reach into the bush carefully with th emotors runnign because they would not stop and press the power button on the battery to get it to stop.

I would def say stay away from this newest upgrade. Its a piece of crap if you are running an Android phone.

Here's my details.

Samsung s7 with Nougat
DJI GO 4 v4.0.6 (250-GP phone)
running firmware 01.03.0600

Should I send this to DJI now to check the motors? Should I get them to send me a new set of props?

Kinda pissed offf and surprised because up until now it has worked flawlessly.
I had the very same problem after upgrading to the 01.03.0600 firmware. Unlike you, mine kept drifting out to sea and just won't respond to my RC. I tried everything possible to bring it back. But kept drifting and drifting till it ran out of battery. I hope that once DJI is at fault for the latest firmware error and not come back to me that it's a pilot error instead as I have been seeing posts in forums that DJI are blamming it as a pilot error. I never saw one post from DJI that it is their fault. That very same day of Saturday 15th, 2 friends of mine had the very same problem after their upgrade to 600 firmware. I also noticed a few on the forum stating the same issue. Some were lucky unlike others. I'm hoping for the best.

Last edited:
I understand you fully when you said that your heart was pounding and almost got a heart attack. I on the other hand was not fortunate like you as I had the very same problem and started drifting away till it went out to sea and never came back. I tried everything after the new firmware 600. I tried the RTH button, I tried the control sticks to get it back. But, never responded to my commands. I am now hoping that once the firmware 600 is to blame, DJI will provide me with another. I have sent all the things they asked for. 2 of my friends had the same problem on the very same day as mine after upgrading to the new 600. One just fell out of the sky after his props shut down. ( Please note that his battery was still at 85% ) And the other friend just crashed into a building when his Phanthom 4 decided to go out of control and just won't respond to his commands. My guess is that the new firmware is to blame. I have even seen complaints similar to mine in various forums. I even called the shop owner where I bought mine from to be aware of the new firmware fo clients not to upgrade to anything before they are sure that the 600 is safe.

Ouch.. I am very sorry for your loss..

And for people who may be interested, I finally gotten my guts back and flew to that lake again.. this time no problem, all on .550..

I flew slightly further this time. 1.2k meters and the signal was good..

and if anyone is going to ask, NO.. I'm not going to try flying there again .600... one near heart attack is enough for me in this lifetime.. haha

A little update if anyone interested in the sound recording function..

I'm not sure when it happen but my DJI Go 4 app was updated to 4.0.7 and now the sound records work fine without messing up the video that is cache in your phone..
good news for me at least..

:p

Now that it was brought up earlier.... I do believe my camera though leveled... Was taking 8 to 10 seconds to level out correctly.

Those of you on 0400... Is this happening to you too or is this something recently happening in the these latest FW updates?

Sheesh I'll have to check my Mavic again tonight and see if that delay is happening. That would suck if everytime you make a turn you have to wait 10 seconds to level. I do t recall this happening on 0400. But I'm no longer on 0400 now. Feedback please?????? I may have to do what others are doing and stay on 0400 if I can gimbal roll to balance properly. It does seem very stable for all other aspects.

Looking yo hear more feedback on this.
Its the .600 firmware hence the downgrade

A little update if anyone interested in the sound recording function..

I'm not sure when it happen but my DJI Go 4 app was updated to 4.0.7 and now the sound records work fine without messing up the video that is cache in your phone..
good news for me at least..

:p
Good one. Thanks for the tip. I have upgraded too, so will try it out tomorrow.

Reactions: Cerberus

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661