DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thoughts on the new firmware .600

Also i flew tha Thai mavic on 0500 yedterday

Stabillity was worse in all aspects from plain hover over water to RC and video issues

I felt much more unconfident with it and pretty much have put it away untill i get a chance and make a decision on going to 600 or downgrading to 400 but as600 so far has been good in everything except its NFZ stuff i will probably go to 600 one day its going to be forced and as i have no issues and done a llot of flight time over every kind of obstacle mountain and sea inThailand in 36 degree heat, its sll worked great even active track, POI. sports mode chasing jet skis etc have not bothered with fixed wing mode or follow me.

0500 big difference for me.., enough to say either go 400 or 600 as 500 and even 550 were far worse for me especially signal wise

I keep seeing people say the signal strength is so much better in .400...

I'm tempted to downgrade there just to see whether this signal strength rumor is true for .400.
hehe

I
I keep seeing people say the signal strength is so much better in .400...

I'm tempted to downgrade there just to see whether this signal strength rumor is true for .400.
hehe
f u do let me know i am pretty curious tooi ternet and wifi here is too unstable for FW changes now

I

f u do let me know i am pretty curious tooi ternet and wifi here is too unstable for FW changes now

I hope your "F U" at the front does not mean what I think you meant because if it is, its not a very polite well of talking..

Yea, starting to have a day here, weather here not good and my boy supposed to race Sprint car today, a lot of work for nothing.

Yea, starting to have a day here, weather here not good and my boy supposed to race Sprint car today, a lot of work for nothing.

there will be bright days.. just have to keep on having hope..

p.s :- went to a local beach and film some nice shots I think and noted something very interesting..

Want to ask the MP experts here, what sensors does the MP use to determine its height?
because near the last leg of todays flight, I was flying around 15 to 20 m near the coastline
and was not really paying attention to the readings on the screen, until I did and was shocked to
see the height registering at -1.7m.

Panicked for a while and release the sticks to let it hover so I can look at the screen carefully to see whether I'm actually still flying or "swimming" already..

I had VPS turned off (to avoid making birds pissed off).. so anyone?

Last edited:
So which is it? Sonar or IMU or??

Because I turned off the VPS in flight so why the sudden drastic change in altitude reading?

Which altitude reading? There are two... One is baro/gps and is active all the time. There is also sonar, which is further to the right and is only active below 10 meters or so.

Which altitude reading? There are two... One is baro/gps and is active all the time. There is also sonar, which is further to the right and is only active below 10 meters or so.

Am I correct to assume that the sonar is turned off when I turned off my VPS?

I don't know for sure... I know it turns off the downward facing cameras, not sure about the Sonar.

Well. lets assume VPS also turns off sonar..

so that leaves the Barometer..
I wonder how the barometer can get the height of my Mavic wrong..

hmm...

One would think in not possible for the VPS to register a negative value of -1.7m. That would infer the detected surface below the mavic ulatrasonic sensor are somehow above the Mavic which is illogical. Further I just checked a couple of my recordings and the moment the VPS height gets to 0 it toggles to Home distance readout instead. As it does when above 33'/~10m VPS too. So like you say - it must have been the baro alt you were seeing negative.

Where was the takeoff point relative to the beach? Could it be that you took off from a slope above the beach and flew down to it thereby getting a negative readout wrt to take off point?

Took off from the beach... was flying it horizontally without any change to the altitude..

at least the Mavic was... but the reading just suddenly got to -1.7

If it happens again - Bring it back and land and that should reset the zero point. Odd the neg value though.

Guys Is it ok to only upgrade the dji go app4 to the latest fw, and keep the mavic in .400 fw???

If not the VPS altitude, then showing negative altitude is perfectly normal. The baro altitude is subject to environmental shifts in barometric pressure, as well as shifts due to temperature changes. The baro is not a perfect sensor.

I'm on latest go 4 app but still on 550 firmware for Mavic.
Flys perfect for me like this.....
I have same setup flying on android device. Works well on now atleast. I was little bit scary of that 600.FW because if u get 7 or 6 or less sats it says nfz limit and i think it force lands automatically

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colin King