DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thoughts Please - aftermarket DJI Chargers, Charging Hubs

AussieDrone

Reactions
Hey Folks,

As per heading, would like your opinion on aftermarket charging Hubs, Car chargers etc. Any experience good or bad..

Thank you all in advance.

Assuming you’re just referring to the Mavic Pro (original) or Platinum, I picked up a charging hub made by Fstop Labs which worked well.

It uses the stock Mavic charger for a power source and charges the batteries sequentially just like the DJI Mavic hub - but adds a display that shows voltage and current for each battery.

Charging time is the same as the DJI hub, but at less than half the price.
9f24f8de70cacd170b306e53f2f9f8ed.jpg

Many forum members also use the Yx parallel charger for the Mavic Pro/Platinum; it charges 3 batteries simultaneously, plus has 2 USB ports to charge your remote and mobile device; again, very budget-priced. I’ve had one for a year and use it regularly with no complaints.

f4d78ed378c1f6c66f18740d790774c0.jpg

As always, it is advisable to charge LiPo batteries in a safe location away from combustibles, in LiPo-safe bags...and don’t leave them unattended while charging.

I follow those rules regardless of whether I’m using a DJI or aftermarket charger...just good basic safety rules.

Last edited:
Reactions: AussieDrone
Many thanks for your detailed response.. I have a Mavic Air, however I assume the brands mentioned are good regardless of the type of drone.

I've made over two hundred MPP flights since June with two Powerextra batteries, Rcharlance charging hub, and IRCtek 6A car charger.

Only glitch I've noticed is the car charger doesn't seem to work with the hub, but I'm not sure DJI's does, either, and I don't need that combo to work, anyway.

Amazon reviews for third party drone accessories seem plentiful and consistent, so you'll get better sense there than here, IMO, for any specific product

I have the YX charger and love it. I use it any time I fly multiple flights. Charges all 3 of my batteries from 20-30% to full in less than an hour.

Thanks Folks... it seems some of these are as good as the genuine..

It's very possible some of these are actually identical to the DJI branded versions, given how Chinese manufacturing goes.

Yes, good point.. some of them looks identical in look and feel as well

Last edited:
G'Day mate!! Another happy Yx user here. When charging 3 batteries that are low, mine gets a bit warm to the touch but it runs perfectly!

Looks like Yx is the brand to go with..

I purchased a charging hub on eBay, Ultimaxx was the brand.
Worked great for a year then it started to not fully charge the batteries on my MA.
It said full on the nice digital read out but the battery would only flash 2 or 3 dots
Now I'm using the single charge for now

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahb