DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Threat of Rouge Drones Increases

Looks like trouble!!!

72810776-un-drone-jouet-rouge-isolé-sur-fond-blanc-gros-plan-de-la-vue-de-face-de-drone.jpg

I swear every time I power up my drone near the beach, 2 police copters show up within 15 minutes that just happen to need to be in the area. I only fly legally so I dont know if it's coincidence or they are using Aroscope. Always double check my paperwork just in case. But those guys regularly buzz around below 400 feet.

We have a problem at our RC flying field. It has been in existence for over 25 years and was surrounded on four sides with farmer fields and the farmers have always been great with our occasional going carefully throug their fields to pick up dumb thumb mishaps. About two years ago the farmer to the west of our field sold and their is a housing development of 50 fairly high end homes that actually use our fence to the west of our pavilion and flight line. We now fly mostly electrics and drones but never to the west or too close to the houses. We have a good relationship with the mone owners and have had them come to the field and watch and even have had two put in some time on a trainer.
Recently we have had a rouge FPV racing drone buzzing houses and our airfield. We have had several close calls of the drone following some of our planes. It is a very loud drone and we are now being associated with this idiot and his drone.
We try to see who it is by putting up my Air 2s and seeing if we can see somebody with a controller. I was buzzed several times and one was so close I thought I was done. So far no luck finding him/her. We have had a couple of police visits and explained that it is not us and we only floy over the field and farmers field. This rouge is causing quite a bit of trouble for us.

I read it.

BS fluff.

I've been around too long to be taken in by hype. Show me stats, otherwise take the hysteria somewhere else.

Any claim backed up with "may" this and "likely" that, with and example or two usually make me suspicious of an agenda, rather than a real issue I need to pay attention to.

We have a problem at our RC flying field. It has been in existence for over 25 years and was surrounded on four sides with farmer fields and the farmers have always been great with our occasional going carefully throug their fields to pick up dumb thumb mishaps. About two years ago the farmer to the west of our field sold and their is a housing development of 50 fairly high end homes that actually use our fence to the west of our pavilion and flight line. We now fly mostly electrics and drones but never to the west or too close to the houses. We have a good relationship with the mone owners and have had them come to the field and watch and even have had two put in some time on a trainer.
Recently we have had a rouge FPV racing drone buzzing houses and our airfield. We have had several close calls of the drone following some of our planes. It is a very loud drone and we are now being associated with this idiot and his drone.
We try to see who it is by putting up my Air 2s and seeing if we can see somebody with a controller. I was buzzed several times and one was so close I thought I was done. So far no luck finding him/her. We have had a couple of police visits and explained that it is not us and we only floy over the field and farmers field. This rouge is causing quite a bit of trouble for us.
Get several camera drones up and look for someone wearing goggles.

Last edited:
Reactions: okw
dumb thumb mishaps
That’s a great term for mistakes on the sticks.

One of our guys likes to fly fpv and several old and abused racing drones. He is prepared to go kamikaze 😉
Please ensure there is a camera on board recording and “post her up” for our entertainment 😬

• Haha
Reactions: macdog and walrus
In the works. He seem to love buzzing the large foamies. We are going to send him up very slow. We have two mavic mini2 and my 2s. One of our guys likes to fly fpv and several old and abused racing drones. He is prepared to go kamikaze 😉
Be sure to get video!!

1653167357816.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS