DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Three blade props

I tried tri-props on my Magic 2 Pro, lowered RPM and audio pitch was lower as well. Only problem I had was motors ran hot, this was probably due to extra drag from that third blade.

This was my reasoning for not using them going forward, to risky motors ran much hotter very noticeable when touching motors.

Paul

One of the big problems that's been reported about 3-blade CF prop's, is that due to their lack of flexibility, they can put a load of stress on the airframe, prop' rivet fixings and motors if the Mavic does a sudden stop from high-speed sport mode. In fact the stop will almost tip the Mavic nose-up vertical to the extent it will come close to motor cut-out! CF prop's will give a lower rpm - but that doesn't seem to translate into extended flight time. Flight-time seems to decrease when you use CF prop's. In other words, the lower rpm is due to the prop's needing more force (battery power) to push them through the air. This is also the case for 2-blade CF prop's. Although these propellors use CF, they are based on the DJI 8331 or 8743 (Mav Pro Platinum / Mav 2 Pro) prop' blade shape and therefore aren't an aerodynamic re-design. 3-Blade CF prop's also reduce top speed of the Mavic, as in its nose-down full-forward state, it's able to spin the prop's at the same speed, but has to push those 4 additional blades through the air ...
Something like the Master Airscrew 'Stealth' prop' is a redesign and that will provide longer flight times and lower rpm due to aerodynamic efficiency. Propellors are like gearboxes for vehicles, you have a different design for a X-country 4x4 than for a town car ... CF has its place but seems to be limited ...
"that will provide longer flight times and lower rpm due to aerodynamic efficiency."

Their advertising makes those claims, but I've yet to see any quantitative testing that supports them.

EDIT: The MAS props do seem to produce a sound that is lower pitched and subjectively quieter. I've not see support for the other claims made for them.

I'm put off by the manufacturer's statement that they've produced "perfectly efficient and incredibly silent blade." No propeller is perfectly efficient and none are silent. Such a statement is incredible, where incredible means without credibility.

Last edited:
MAS Stealth certainly lower RPMs, proven in my testing of the 8330, 8331, and MAS on my M1P.
I haven't bothered on the Spark, that's just less annoying in tone, which would be lower RPMs I'm sure . . . I'm more than happy with that alone.

I don't think it would be worth trying to test any extended flight time, it'd be that marginal that any sort of change to the flight idiosyncrasies would not result in a proper test.

Reactions: eva2000
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair