Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

Three blade props

detectorguy

Reaction score
I was looking around and came across a three blade carbon fiber prop. Has anyone used these on a mavic 2 pro zoom and had any luck flying with them ?
Thanks

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
If you're referring to RCGEEK's 3 blade props, you can find lots of reviews for them here. Per the usual, you should know they will void your DJI warranty if they cause a crash.

1566768226075.png

ff22

Reaction score
I was looking around and came across a three blade carbon fiber prop. Has anyone used these on a mavic 2 pro zoom and had any luck flying with them ?
Thanks
Besides M-helps reply, a recent discussion also suggested that carbon fiber might not be best if the drone were to strike something, even a tree branch. The strong carbon fiber might resist easy breaking and transfer the force to the engines or arms/legs whereas the DJI props might yield/break and not transfer the force.

In addition, as I wrote in one of those threads, DJI has magically created a four pound weight that can fly and fold up nicely. I guess I trust them to design appropriate props for this miracle device.

Reactions: Windkous

MAvic_South_Oz

Reaction score
Adelaide, South Australia, the great southern land
If they really were an improvement, we'd all be flying them and DJI would have put them on as standard equipment.
That's true.
They could run smaller dia blades, and / or marginally less pitch.
I suppose though the main benefit with the concept is they could give longer flight time, lower motor revs for lift, but then that may long term reduce motor life with extra torque needed ?

The other thing is with folding tri blades there is another point of failure with another blade attachment point.
All FPV racing type drones seem to run tri blades, but they all seem fixed.

Waldo Pepper

Reaction score
I recently bought a set, they are quieter and RPM’s are lower. However, My decision if they are an improvement is still up in the air.

I like them, but I’m not seeing an increase of flight time. They are quieter, that’s a fact.

Paul

bliksem

Reaction score
Some guy did a test of different props on youtube, the 3 blade ones did not come out as the best.
YMMV

Reactions: BigAl07

Rattydude77

Reaction score
Besides M-helps reply, a recent discussion also suggested that carbon fiber might not be best if the drone were to strike something, even a tree branch. The strong carbon fiber might resist easy breaking and transfer the force to the engines or arms/legs whereas the DJI props might yield/break and not transfer the force.

In addition, as I wrote in one of those threads, DJI has magically created a four pound weight that can fly and fold up nicely. I guess I trust them to design appropriate props for this miracle device.
What weighs 4lbs

Reactions: ff22

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phifle