DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Three Cliffs Bay and Pennard Castle at sunset

Think this location is in a flight restriction zone because of a nearby busy private airport, cheers Len
Hi Len, I'm aware of the flight restriction zone around three cliffs. I had been in contact with the airport tower on two occasions prior to my flight and they seemed quite relaxed about it and gave me permission no problem.

Reactions: Dur8an Poison
Think this location is in a flight restriction zone because of a nearby busy private airport, cheers Len
It is - right on the extended centreline of 04/22. People fly there all the time as DJI Geo as is common doesnt have it marked but it is an official legal restriction zone.
Its possible to fly there with permission from the tower (note its NOT ATC - the aerodrome currently is not controlled) but yup its very busy especially now runway rehabilitation is complete. I know several people asking lately who have been told no due to the amount of GA circuit traffic.

Probably only a major issue on the rare days they're using Rwy04 where aircraft would likely to be 500-600ft as opposed to departing a/c on 22 which will be higher.
Interestingly, altitude angel is reporting the facility is UTM ready for digital flight plan approvals - i didnt think anywhere in the UK was yet.

1661870228746.png

Edit to add:- Its a fantastic smooth video though. Nicely showcases the place

Last edited:
Reactions: Cymruflyer
Hi Len, I'm aware of the flight restriction zone around three cliffs. I had been in contact with the airport tower on two occasions prior to my flight and they seemed quite relaxed about it and gave me permission no problem.
Wish I had done that but had no other info regarding contacts , but thank you it’s good to know, cheers Len

What this video (and the Mumbles) show is the value to going out at the correct time of day for the light.
A lot of this is shot early morning with some late evening. Nice golden hour light and sky colours.
Far more pleasing than harsh midday lighting.

The one hanging out the side. You're right. It was a dream gig.
"The best seat in the house" :) Frequently froze my azz, though.

1661969500449.png
Fraser River, near YVR.

That's why drones are so cool. We can do stuff I could only dream of in the days of helicopters. Shots that cost tens of thousands are now effortless.

The one hanging out the side. You're right. It was a dream gig.
"The best seat in the house" :) Frequently froze my azz, though.

View attachment 154147
Fraser River, near YVR.

That's why drones are so cool. We can do stuff I could only dream of in the days of helicopters. Shots that cost tens of thousands are now effortless.
That's awesome. Anything for the perfect shot right!? Looks a lot of fun. That said i do enjoy being able to get comparable shots with both my feet on the ground and with less of the risk to life aspect!

That's awesome. Anything for the perfect shot right!? Looks a lot of fun. That said i do enjoy being able to get comparable shots with both my feet on the ground and with less of the risk to life aspect!
Is there a way to send private messages on this forum? I have a good story about shooting aerials for Hollywood, but it would clog up the forum.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming