DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tilt rotor with lifting body?

CactusJackSlade

Reactions
I have heard dabbling's into a tilt rotor with a lifting body... but aside from racing FPV tilt rotor drones I have not seen anything really come to fruition.

I would think, a tilt rotor quad with a flat lifting body and the arms would have a lifting airfoil that, at least for forward flight, you could increase the flight time significantly. I'm not talking about a VTOL fixed wing, which there are many, but a high efficiency quad.

Anyone out there seen anything like I am describing? I would be interested in seeing any ideas out there.

Reactions: Marcass Carcass
Yeah, I saw that at CES in 2020 (right before covid - the show was probably a superspreader event and didn't know it!?).... Although VERY cool looking (it had me and everyone excited for a short while), the flight characteristics of a "flying pendulum does not seem to be very good. They have videos of it flying, but not once did they fly it at CES or even answer many questions about it. Interesting concept but I'm assuming since we have not heard anything since this might be just an exercise in a proof of concept.

Yeah, I saw that at CES in 2020 (right before covid - the show was probably a superspreader event and didn't know it!?).... Although VERY cool looking (it had me and everyone excited for a short while), the flight characteristics of a "flying pendulum does not seem to be very good. They have videos of it flying, but not once did they fly it at CES or even answer many questions about it. Interesting concept but I'm assuming since we have not heard anything since this might be just an exercise in a proof of concept.
It was the only thing that came to mind for me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada