DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tilted Horizon and sending Mavic to get repaired

Strangely enough, mine tilts only during rolls and yaws going to the left but totally fine going right. This is after I upgraded to .700 and did IMU and gimbal calibration after that.

Has anyone sent their Mavic back for the tilted horizon issue? What was your experience? Do you think it is a hardware or software issue? Software could be fixed with firmware, but if it really is a hardware issue that needs replacing.

My first mavic had that same issue, my second mavic is even worse. I just adjust it in post production. Takes a few seconds.

My first mavic had that same issue, my second mavic is even worse. I just adjust it in post production. Takes a few seconds.

That has to be a BIG overhead in terms of time to render (and also some sort of quality reduction surely?). If I only need a quick job, right now I can drag 4k files out of the mavic into imovie (which has no rotation below 90 degrees), trim and output in minutes.

That has to be a BIG overhead in terms of time to render (and also some sort of quality reduction surely?). If I only need a quick job, right now I can drag 4k files out of the mavic into imovie (which has no rotation below 90 degrees), trim and output in minutes.

All you're doing is slightly tilting the video... that shouldn't take more than a few seconds to render. And Im pretty sure it wouldn't effect quality. not to my eyes at least.

All you're doing is slightly tilting the video... that shouldn't take more than a few seconds to render. And Im pretty sure it wouldn't effect quality. not to my eyes at least.

ooooohhh.. I'm guessing, but I'd put money on outputting a trimmed video at the same size as original, versus tilting it and outputting at the same size would be a) a lot longer to process and b) a noticeable quality loss (certainly if you take a still image, rotate it 5-10 degrees, crop it rectangular again and then blow it up a few % back to the original size you will lose clarity).

The issue is when you have a long shot and the gimbal horizon tilts side to side and you want that continues shot without cutting sections out.

That edit becomes a much bigger pain in the rear than just adjusting the horizon and leaving it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead