Join Us Now

Time-laps made in a very windy day with the Mavic 3

zeusfl

Mavic Pilot Guru
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
youtube.com
This is a time-lapse made from a very foggy day with the Mavic 3 in a 20mph windy day. The Mavic 3 last 34 minutes in the air on those conditions is really impressive the job that did. The pictures taken every 2 seconds looks bad because was super foggy but I did my best in LR.

Enjoy !!

From this

To This

Last edited:
This is a time-lapse made from a very foggy day with the Mavic 3 in a 20mph windy day. The Mavic 3 last 34 minutes in the air on those conditions is really impressive the job that did. The pictures taken every 2 seconds looks bad because was super foggy but I did my best in LR.

Enjoy !!

From this

To This

I assume you used digital video stabilization in post and color grading. The second vid looks great.

Yes I did in Davinci Resolve.

Really smooth, especially No2!

Aaaaaaaaand I just found my new way of getting time lapses of approaching stormfronts. I've done a ton of them with my mirrorless camera over the years but there were always homes, trees and powerlines in the shot. Great work!

This to me is so much nicer than the hyper lapse , super clean and Mavic 3 goodness all the way around. You sleighed it my friend again , , my favorite you tube channel, quick and to the points .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly our Mavic 3 in the Rain. Land on the Water and Light up the sky.

I think taking your own time-lapse vs hype lapse is the way to go for sitting still in midair for a shot.... was playing with it earlier this week. You get more image with your own stabilization plus the full res pics too.. granted the hyper lapse I have below was in 40MPH gust wind conditions so need to play a bit more with it lol.

Both are 2 second shots:

I think taking your own time-lapse vs hype lapse is the way to go for sitting still in midair for a shot.... was playing with it earlier this week. You get more image with your own stabilization plus the full res pics too.. granted the hyper lapse I have below was in 40MPH gust wind conditions so need to play a bit more with it lol.

Both are 2 second shots:

Just one quick pass in your second video.

Just one quick pass in your second video.
Yah very nice, I was just showing what came off the drone for hyperlapse. What stabilization software did you use? My first one the time-lapse I was using DaVinci studio 17 stabilization.

Glad to see the M3 is stable under windy conditions. The longer battery life should make for more interesting hyperlapse/timelapse projects. The only thing that I'm concerned about is how hot will the battery get in warmer conditions. After about 15 minutes with the M2P in summer, my batteries get hot, and I don't want to push the limit.

Yah very nice, I was just showing what came off the drone for hyperlapse. What stabilization software did you use? My first one the time-lapse I was using DaVinci studio 17 stabilization.
I did mine in Davinci Studio 17 as well.

So because of the winds, these hyper lapses were made with the aircraft hovering in place?

M3 does have hyper lapse modes where the aircraft moves as it takes individual pics right?

So because of the winds, these hyper lapses were made with the aircraft hovering in place?

M3 does have hyper lapse modes where the aircraft moves as it takes individual pics right?
yes, you can set waypoints for hyperlapses or tell it to do a variety of things not just sit still.

Correct this is not a specific mode like hyper-lapse. This is just hovering and setting the camera to take a picture every 2 seconds in this case.

The hyper-lapse mode will create automatically the movie. In this case, I do everything manually and in my opinion, you can get a better output.

I created this one in 2015 with a Canon 5D Mark III in a tripod. 3 hours and a half taking pictures.

Correct this is not a specific mode like hyper-lapse. This is just hovering and setting the camera to take a picture every 2 seconds in this case.

The hyper-lapse mode will create automatically the movie. In this case, I do everything manually and in my opinion, you can get a better output.

I created this one in 2015 with a Canon 5D Mark III in a tripod. 3 hours and a half taking pictures.

I thought hyper lapse implied movement of the camera relative to the motion that it's trying to capture. At least that's the case in DJI Go app. Yes I save JPGs or RAWs from the Mavic 2 Pro Hyperlapse captures and I've gotten brighter, clearer hyper lapse moves than the one the drone makes. I will look at the drone-made movie just as a sample to see if I got a good capture.

I also make time lapses on my Nikon Z7 too, using a tripod and a little turntable (Syrp Genie 2). But the camera produces a very clean 4K movie so I use that rather than process hundreds of RAW files, which I could post process and convert into JPG in LightRoom and import to DaVinci Resolve or use some other software for creating time-lapse movies.

Well. In my opinion, is hard to compare the quality you get from a picture vs a video. The picture from RAW or DNG can be very customized than the regular video unless is DLOG but still the Picture contains more information and is more flexible in-camera settings than videos. Just my opinion.

Enjoy !!

From this

To This

So let me get this straight- you shot photos , not videos, right? So I am assuming you are saving the RAW (DNG) photos and producing the video with the individual files, right? As I understand this, it is a timelapse of photos at 2 second intervals.

Dale

So let me get this straight- you shot photos , not videos, right? So I am assuming you are saving the RAW (DNG) photos and producing the video with the individual files, right? As I understand this, it is a timelapse of photos at 2 second intervals.

Dale
Correct Dave.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claybird