DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Time-lapse using multiple Global Panos

RadioFlyerMan

Premium Pilot
Reactions
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Super Awesome. ?

Thanks for spending the time to edit and share with us. ?

Very interesting - it inspires a lot of thought about such captures. There are so many things to explore with timelapse & panorama.

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
Very interesting - it inspires a lot of thought about such captures. There are so many things to explore with timelapse & panorama.
I agree.
Here’s an idea I’m working on…
Take one global panorama each week for a year. Then put them together for a 360 rotation while all the seasons pass by.
The plan is to take them from a set height (mine was 350 ft) and aligned with a distance object. I am going to initiate the pano in four directions and use the best one for alignment.
We’ll see a year from now!?

I've been playing with flying through panoramas for a couple of months now and can appreciate your very nice work. Thanks for sharing.
Hey thanks for recognizing the effort. Not too many people realized what’s going on when flying through overlapping panos.

Great work, I like everyhting about it. The post production makes we want to ask a lot of questions, lol.
Thanks. Ask away…

So I get the 360 pano, but how'd you do the rest, and what program are you using re you using for video post production?
First, the 360 panos I'm using are directly from the M2P. I have the raw images and will eventually get to assembling panos that are better quality.

For post production, I use Final Cut Pro X. It has a built-in function specifically for 360 panos called "Orientation". Orientation allows you to "fly through" a pano to any point, direction, field of view, magnification, etc. The resulting field of view can then be "saved" via a key frame. From one field of view to the next, FCPX automatically applies an "easing" algorithm to smooth out the change. From this functionality, one can make a video as long as you want and fly to any field of view within the pano.

As the video indicated, I shot 8 panos starting from the same location as the sun was setting. I used visual positioning using cross hairs on the camera. I then layered them in FCPX timeline and oriented the field of view so they start and end the same. The composting function I used for the multiple layers was "Lighten", which applies only the light aspects of each pano. This allowed me to maintain the light exposure of the foreground from the first "base" pano. As the sun was setting, the foreground of subsequent panos eventually became very dark. But all I wanted were the sun and the light aspects to add to the composition. And thus the "Light Show".

As I indicated in a post above, I'm planning a annual season pano using the same techniques. That'll be some work putting that together.

Reactions: DRONO
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokey_