DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Time taken to charge 3 batteries?

QC uses the data lines to negotiate voltage with the device. I don't know how the negotiation works, but I had read it might be a small and specific resistance across the data lines.

So it seems the data cables are not supporting higher voltage, not the actual power cables, interesting I have to read about this. I was completely blown away, my old Blackberry cable supports 12V and the cable that came with fast charger did not, go figure :)

OK here's how QC works. It's based on applying 0.6v or 3.3v on the D+ and D- lines as if 0.6v is logic 0 and 3.3v is logic 1, and each of the data lines as a separate input.
Logic voltage is in reference to ground.

pdtable_J6iGwS7we8.jpeg

OK here's how QC works. It's based on applying 0.6v or 3.3v on the D+ and D- lines as if 0.6v is logic 0 and 3.3v is logic 1, and each of the data lines as a separate input.
Logic voltage is in reference to ground.

View attachment 87859

Thanks a lot, great link! I had no clue!

Why some of those cables do not work, technically this should work without a problem, D- is a white cable inside. It does not look like cable depended, but port dependent.

256 minutes Full 3 battery charge according to spec. I will leave this here! Please add to the thread if it took longer or less.
Just collecting Data from users.

Reactions: deepakvrao
Thanks a lot, great link! I had no clue!

Why some of those cables do not work, technically this should work without a problem, D- is a white cable inside. It does not look like cable depended, but port dependent.
It took me some time to find it. All the "how it works" sites would say what we already know: 9 or 12v is negotiated between device and charger. Yes, we know but HOW is it negotiated.

Now I have to set something up so my dad can use the powebank I gave him for Christmas 2 years ago to provide portable 9 and 12v.

The cable does have to pass through data connection from charger to device and not just power connection. Charge only ports and cables may have a resistor on the data pins to the device rather than passing the lines through.

Note that I found Samsungs may get stubborn going into fast charge, particularly if the charger is not Samsung brand. Just reboot the Samsung. There's also a setting available to turn off fast charging but not to disable charging altogether.

It took me some time to find it. All the "how it works" sites would say what we already know: 9 or 12v is negotiated between device and charger. Yes, we know but HOW is it negotiated.

Now I have to set something up so my dad can use the powebank I gave him for Christmas 2 years ago to provide portable 9 and 12v.

The cable does have to pass through data connection from charger to device and not just power connection. Charge only ports and cables may have a resistor on the data pins to the device rather than passing the lines through.

Note that I found Samsungs may get stubborn going into fast charge, particularly if the charger is not Samsung brand. Just reboot the Samsung. There's also a setting available to turn off fast charging but not to disable charging altogether.

So it seems it is pretty much impossible to visually determine if the cable has a resistor that would block negotiation...I guess cheaper the better, I can see those resistors might be there as a feature to lock it only to 5V.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aodgizmo