DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Tip Top Arch, Amazing Arch on the Top of a Mountain? San Rafael Swell Utah

Karlewski

Reactions
This was a Beautiful & Thrilling climb for me, especially since I had no idea if I could even make it up an undocumented route. I did a drone recon flight to give me some idea if it was possible and some false hope!!! Fortunately when I arrived at the overhanging Slot section there were already fixed ropes installed BUT, that definitely did not make it EASY. . just barely possible for me and my skill level sans ascending equipment, LOL. Enjoy my Friends!

This was a Beautiful & Thrilling climb for me, especially since I had no idea if I could even make it up an undocumented route. I did a drone recon flight to give me some idea if it was possible and some false hope!!! Fortunately when I arrived at the overhanging Slot section there were already fixed ropes installed BUT, that definitely did not make it EASY. . just barely possible for me and my skill level sans ascending equipment, LOL. Enjoy my Friends!
Hi Karl,
what an amazing place! Breathtaking what nature has created there, you feel like in another world. The jagged rocks and canyons do not let you come out of the amazement!
Thank you for letting us participate in your new adventure!

cheers and have a nice day!
Paul

Wonderful video. Kudos for you for getting into this impossible location and for sharing it with the rest of us. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks so much for sharing. Always love your vids. I'm guessing all the drone, selfie, camera, etc work make the journey 3x as much work. Nicely shot and edited. Thx.

Thanks guys, it is definitely significantly more effort to do a solo documentation on these kinds of adventures, good training for more big mountains that await this summer season!. I wish I had a partner for this trip to better illustrate the slot climbing sections, it was challenging and intimidating. . .
There is a wilderness boundary right at the start of the "swell" where the giant ramps meet the flats. That is why the only footage of the arch from the drone is so distant and I am never in the shot, to respect those boundaries. I SO WISH I could have used the drone while on the arch to reveal its true scale and position. It was CRAZY TALK, a big arch perched on the edge of a huge cliff on top of an even bigger mountain. Actually passing through the arch to view the other side is certain death as the ground under the arch slopes away to the vertical cliff face below. The best way to really understand the big picture, again, sans a drone shot, were those far away pictures near the start of the video. . . Thanks for joining me guys.
One of the big reasons I shoot these videos is fairly illustrate all of my "BIG FISH STORIES," especially as I age. . . I want to remember just what it was like out there and honestly depict the accomplishments to my friends and family but, at this point, I also really love the editing side of the video production. It is the first time in my life I can truly say that I an artist and so pleased that shooting the video, running around and getting all the best angles, also caters to my athletic side, really an amazing fit for me and my strengths. Last, I am so pleased that others also find it entertaining!
Side note, I just purchased the Insta 360 Flow gimbal with IA subject tracking. I'm hoping that will be a new partner to really spicy up the video with revealing pan and tilt shots where I am surrounded by interesting things. . .not to mention even smoother shots!
Happy flying guys!

Hi Karl,
thanks for the additional very interesting infos about that very dangerous trip, it´s scary but you did it man 😉👍👍
Looking forward to see the new video shot with the 360 Flow gimbal! Until the stay safe and have a nice day my friend!
cheers Paul

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d