DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

To bundle or not to bundle?

Vg12th

Reactions
Looking to buy the mini 3 pro plus RC. Bit tight on the budget so was wondering if it's enough or whether to push for the fly more bundle or not. 30minutes flight is fine for me but I'm worried about using only one and having to recharge it often, will it deteriorate fast?
I saw the mini 3 which was cheaper but lacks many good.features.

For those with m3p, how is it without the ND? Or is that a must too?

A second battery is always helpful and can be purchased separately.
Filters would depend on what you’re trying to accomplish with what video you’re doing.

I'd dump the DJI RC in favour of a battery.
That assumes your phone works with the necessary fly and, if you are going to use a phone, it is a good thing to check that before you buy,

with the mini 3 pro bundle you also get multi charger 2 batteries ,props and a carrying bag though I use a camera style backpack ,in my opinion it is well worth the money .
Just do it !

If you dont buy the extras you may regret it so bite the bullet and do it.I did and am pleased I did also if you can get the dji remote with screen its great. 😀

with the mini 3 pro bundle you also get multi charger 2 batteries ,props and a carrying bag though I use a camera style backpack ,in my opinion it is well worth the money .
Just do it !
Just for clarity, the flymore kit contains a 3x battery dock, but does NOT include a power supply to do the charging. You'll still need a usb charger of some sort. A quality 30w USB charger is reccomended, otherwise charging times will be quite long. 👍

I'm a fan of the carry bag that's supplied. It fits drone, RC (with sticks on!), battery hub, USB charger and a few other small bits and bobs in a practical and compact bag.

ND filters are not a must. They can be handy for some specific circumstances but excellent results can be obtained without them. I have a mini3P, and ND filters. I typically fly without the filters, and have not yet taken stills/video that really benefitted from the filters.

I haven't regretted buying the Fly More bundle.

I also bought the DJI 30W charger from Amazon. Much faster than the charger that came with my Mavic 2.

Choice is good. Everyone has their own needs and preferences.

Personally, I love the combination of my old RC-N1 (which I had from my Mini 2 - I bought a Mini 3 Pro without any controller at all), using my iPad Mini 6 for the screen. It's a perfect size for me and a great combination.

I absolutely HATE "all-in-one" computers (iMac-style) where the screen is built-in; I prefer modular gear, which can be junked or replaced individually when that specific component needs it, not being forced to stick with or toss everything together. I did not want the new DJI RC with built-in screen for the same reasons.

I ended up with 3 standard batteries, and 3 extended batteries (I typically use the extended batteries, but want the standard batteries for travel to places where I need to stay under 250 grams). I picked up an Anker High Mojo charging block from Amazon (BTW, it's awesome).

ND filters are a very low priority to me. Maybe I'll get some one day.

I think more batteries are the most critical thing you are going to want ASAP.

Personally, I have waited for deals on line. I have two other drones, one with 4 batteries. Only have one battery for my MM2, now looking to buy a battery charger and two more batteries. Going to Alaska in Sept, and bring the MM2 with me to fit into my carry on with all other photo equipment.

My opinions as a retired Hollywood aerial cameraman.
(helicopters and 35mm film)

As soon as you start flying, you'll be wishing for at least one more battery. The charging dock and a fast (30W) charger are nearly essential. Otherwise, the only way to charge the battery is in the aircraft.

As soon as you fly with the bigger battery, you'll never buy another "regular" battery again. The main reason? Less stress.

As soon as you experience the RC controller (instead of the one where you have to attach your phone) you'll never go back. I've had both.

For at least your first year of flying you absolutely do not need any accessory filters of any kind. Once you can reliably see ON SCREEN the need for one, then, sure, go ahead. But make sure you can see the benefit on screen. The effect is subtle and only visible under certain circumstances.

The Mini 3 Pro is a fantastic drone overall and a perfect first drone. The $200 savings for a non-Pro version would be a mistake, especially for a new user. The automated tracking functions alone are nearly impossible for a new pilot to emulate manually.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albestinspections