DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery Plus in Ireland or other countries

Kilboar

Reactions
Looking at picking up a Mini 4 Pro w/RC-2 & combo plus to vacation with and wondering if I put a Plus Battery in it in say Ireland, does the DJI app narc on you or not allow you to fly?
Not sure I'd need the larger battery when I have 3 but asking for a friend.

@Kilboar The republic of Ireland comes under EU rules and regs ,while northern Ireland is under UK rules and regs
so having the Plus battery in the drone ,could put it under a different weight category in line with current rules

@Kilboar The republic of Ireland comes under EU rules and regs ,while northern Ireland is under UK rules and regs
so having the Plus battery in the drone ,could put it under a different weight category in line with current rules
Thank you,

I'll just fly the Plus battery state side I guess.

I guess I'll need to register this new Drone to fly in Ireland and England.

Thank you,

I'll just fly the Plus battery state side I guess.

I guess I'll need to register this new Drone to fly in Ireland and England.
Yes, you will need to register.

I flew my Mini3Pro with Plus batteries last summer in Dublin & nearby area. I registered my aircraft with the Irish Aviation Authority and I was in full compliance with their weight/class regulations at that time. You will also need to take their operator's test (open book -- similar to U.S. FAA TRUST test)

Be sure to check the Irish Aviation Authority's site for current drone regulations as things tend to change at start of a new year (not saying they've changed, but best to be sure).

As mentioned by OMM, Ireland is under EU regulations, so you can actually register at any EU country. There is a minimal registration fee if you register with the Irish Authority. Some EU countries didn't charge a fee (as of last summer). I also flew in the Netherlands with no issue although there are far more no-fly zones in the Amsterdam area.

There's some really beautiful flying locations in Ireland.
Good luck!

Yes, you will need to register.

I flew my Mini3Pro with Plus batteries last summer in Dublin & nearby area. I registered my aircraft with the Irish Aviation Authority and I was in full compliance with their weight/class regulations at that time. You will also need to take their operator's test (open book -- similar to U.S. FAA TRUST test)

Be sure to check the Irish Aviation Authority's site for current drone regulations as things tend to change at start of a new year (not saying they've changed, but best to be sure).

As mentioned by OMM, Ireland is under EU regulations, so you can actually register at any EU country. There is a minimal registration fee if you register with the Irish Authority. Some EU countries didn't charge a fee (as of last summer). I also flew in the Netherlands with no issue although there are far more no-fly zones in the Amsterdam area.

There's some really beautiful flying locations in Ireland.
Good luck!
Thank you so much,

I really appreciate all the catch up info. We'll be going to England and France later in the year hopefully, so should I just register in one of the countries?

Are these good for a few years or just one year?

@Kilboar not sure about how long the EU registration lasts ,but the UK one lasts for one year from the date you register, and thats for the operator ID and costs as of now £10.33, and if you take the flyer ID test that is free and lasts for five years

I wonder why I can't buy a plus battery in the EU for my Mini 4P. I don't care if it goes over 249 because I have the A1/A3 certificate which allows me to fly my Mavic 3. So, the question is, if I import a battery, does my M4P actually work when I'm in a EU geo-zone? And am I correct thinking I'm allowed to fly it like an A1/A3 class at let's say 255g? I'm based in NL by the way.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger-N