DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

To @mp or not to @mp the right side?

I flew 10,500 ft. from a highly congested wifi area. (residential / my back yard)
At a distance of 10,500 feet I disconnected the right side antenna and nothing happened.
Without the mod my distance limit from this location is roughly 5,600 ft. on average.
...mmnmmm.nmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmnmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.mmmmmmm.m....mmmmmmmmnmmmmmmmmmmmm....mmm.nnnbm

Good to hear. I guess the amps are a more forgiving design now.
What we use to say is:
“Proof’s in the Pudding”
So what ever works by experimentation that info helps us all alot.

I think Bill used to say that too!... lol ~ (he is in prison now.)

Now a-days we say.. "It is what It is."

Last edited:
Since my threads are seemingly being censored I will post my mod on this thread, and hopefully get some feedback!!!

Just got her put back together. Birdside amp mod. Just need to properly mount the amp power source. Probably hook and loop tape. Also I need to use an adhesive to make sure the open cable from the Mavic antenna that is coming out from under the left arm, is impossible to accidentally un attach itself. maybe add on on/off switch. I came out of the TX/RX radio port, and ran that through the back led plastic cover is and put white silicone to fill the hole. Amp is the 2.4ghz cheap amazon amp that is run off of 3.7-5 v. I currently have a 2000mah battery for it. We will see how this goes. I did this from research on this forum.
Any suggestions, advice or anything constructive will be greatly appreciated. Thanks fellow pilots and Happy Modding!!

Attachments

• 0C9AFDA9-01DC-4F39-8246-90584CE575F4.jpeg
    0C9AFDA9-01DC-4F39-8246-90584CE575F4.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 15
  • D130879F-A714-4152-AF1B-280F72D47B1D.jpeg
    D130879F-A714-4152-AF1B-280F72D47B1D.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 16
  • D214EA1B-2A03-4D3E-B5D5-76FA8623913C.jpeg
    D214EA1B-2A03-4D3E-B5D5-76FA8623913C.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 16
  • 45F20CCA-E010-4450-978A-1E791414B682.jpeg
    45F20CCA-E010-4450-978A-1E791414B682.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 16
Reactions: Robpol
Since my threads are seemingly being censored I will post my mod on this thread, and hopefully get some feedback!!!

Just got her put back together. Birdside amp mod. Just need to properly mount the amp power source. Probably hook and loop tape. Also I need to use an adhesive to make sure the open cable from the Mavic antenna that is coming out from under the left arm, is impossible to accidentally un attach itself. maybe add on on/off switch. I came out of the TX/RX radio port, and ran that through the back led plastic cover is and put white silicone to fill the hole. Amp is the 2.4ghz cheap amazon amp that is run off of 3.7-5 v. I currently have a 2000mah battery for it. We will see how this goes. I did this from research on this forum.
Any suggestions, advice or anything constructive will be greatly appreciated. Thanks fellow pilots and Happy Modding!!
68A74C97-EFBC-4929-9DEA-4DCF6EB275C1.jpeg2DBA2CE3-D5E3-4F84-B6CF-71145E7E45AB.jpeg

Reactions: MavicFT1P
Personally I think the amp added to the MP will get much better results than to mod the controller with amps especially in heavily congested WiFi areas. I would presume the controller will be more susceptible to residential WiFi interference than the AC would be 400' up so amplifying the signal at the AC would tend to override the residential WiFi interference.
My reasoning

Personally I think the amp added to the MP will get much better results than to mod the controller with amps especially in heavily congested WiFi areas. I would presume the controller will be more susceptible to residential WiFi interference than the AC would be 400' up so amplifying the signal at the AC would tend to override the residential WiFi interference.
My reasoning
Makes sense to me. I get 30k feet in Downtown Houston which is ate up with WiFi. But up till this mod I just had RC 4 watt 9dbi directional antennas. Not amped on the right side. Per Beanbubbas AC side amp mod, it’s only boosting HD signal, not RC. Although in theory you should be correct. He tested ever variation of 4 different amps, both RC and AC. Also posted the videos of the results.

Last edited:
So whats the purpose of a Rx diversity antenna if it dosnt help range?
The comment that its used only for close range dosnt make sence.
I only know that results from testing on the issue has shown that long range flights can be done without the antenna on both the AC and RC RX side altogether. I couldn’t begin to explain why that’s the case because I honestly do not know. I just know I tried it myself and confirmed that long range flights without RX antennas works like a charm.

Reactions: The Bob
So im late to this one.
If you'll indlugle me Texas and other posters
Do you guys make one way trips with these guys, or is a round trip
required to make a record with these setups.

lastly and sorry to hawk your thread, but how much extra time does the Saddle Bag mod
allow you?
And once the mod is done, can you return to/use a single mavic battery (plugs dangling in wind)
Thanks

So im late to this one.
If you'll indlugle me Texas and other posters
Do you guys make one way trips with these guys, or is a round trip
required to make a record with these setups.

lastly and sorry to hawk your thread, but how much extra time does the Saddle Bag mod
allow you?
And once the mod is done, can you return to/use a single mavic battery (plugs dangling in wind)
Thanks

Yes round trip to get on Leaderboard. Must make it back safely. I get ten extra minutes with two 3000mah lihvs. Install them (XT60’s)in a manner that when not in use they do not “dangle”.

And in regards to the leaderboard.... apparently The gentleman that runs the leaderboard either will not update or is not available to update the leaderboard. For reasons we can only speculate. One speculation(mine)is the company he represents is all over the board...and there are folks that will knock his companies numbers(gear used to get the distance) off or higher up(lower distances) on said list.
I would vote for a new leaderboard master.

Last edited:
Reactions: MavicFT1P
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78