DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

To those who have Fly More Combo...

Jhun80

Reactions
Do you guys used all 3 batteries already? Like charged all of them, then toggle to each batteries, use it when it ran out? Because I only used 2 for now, and been keeping 1 as a "new" uncharged battery as for a future spare. Not a frequent flier, no problems with charging 2 batteries.

My question is, will the 3rd uncharged battery remain as new?(doesn't make since lol)

Is this a good idea or not?

Any inputs welcomed. Thanks

I've used all of mine about 10 times but would like to see what other people think about this. Seems like a decent idea. I might have to take my least used one and put back.

Reactions: Jhun80
I suggest using it now to make sure it has no issues while it's still under warranty. I believe DJI only warranties the batteries for 6 months so you want to put a few cycles on them to make sure they perform adequately.

From my experience, ID the battery and rotate is the option that works for me. I find keeping them active is better. Even my idle batteries on other quads, get a regular check, discharge and recharge. Y'know just to keep them honest :)

Maybe I'm an outlier, but I often fly 3 or even 4 batteries in one session, depending on charging availability. I'm considering the purchase of a 4th battery.
yeah same here... actually got 4th battery in my amazon basket already :)

yeah same here... actually got 4th battery in my amazon basket already :)
Yes, gotcha. Four batteries seems about right. Although with my MA, I had seven. Four with this type of quad, and it's flying time, 4 seems just right. I can manage them. Made my order now Thumbswayup

Last edited:
Got mine numbered and rotate them. Use them or lose them. They will discharge anyway so no matter how you're thinking about saving it, it get used up anyway. Put it to good use.

Do you guys used all 3 batteries already? Like charged all of them, then toggle to each batteries, use it when it ran out? Because I only used 2 for now, and been keeping 1 as a "new" uncharged battery as for a future spare. Not a frequent flier, no problems with charging 2 batteries.

My question is, will the 3rd uncharged battery remain as new?(doesn't make since lol)

Is this a good idea or not?

Any inputs welcomed. Thanks
My three batteries (M2P) are numbered and I rotate them. I try to use the first battery for making all of the settings before doing the main flight with the 2nd battery.

Since new, three weeks now, I’ve never seen a notice of any of my batteries needing an update.

Is this normal?

Want to ensure I’m not missing out.

Reactions: SW_Drone_Guy
All of my batteries are numbered and rotated every flight. I also write on date put into service on them. I have around 30 batteries for all of my DJI drones, so it helps keep them charged.

I even do the same thing on all of my FPV drones.

The battery just sitting around will degrade over time. This is an issue already with the mavic pros. People buy new batteries for them and they have issues from being old stock sitting around. I just use all mine, number them and rotate usage so they are all used evenly.

I have three quads; a Mavic Air (4 batteries), MPP (3 batteries) and a M2Zoom (3 batteries). All my batteries are numbered and all get used equally, meaning I rotate each battery in sequence. I also never recharge them right after a flight.

Ok, I’ll bite .... why not recharge them “right after a flight“. Do you mean within an hour? A day? Why?

Depends on a variety of factors (i.e. how much time I have, # of locations to film, etc.) ... but I usually use at least 2 and maybe all 3.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Olga