DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Toccoa Fall in Toccoa, GA - Catch the Rainbow

tlswift58

Reactions
A really nice fall of about 200 feet. Very clear flying area (for most part). Did have some circling hawks (very high up) and a couple of turkey buzzards at treetop.

Toccoa Falls is on the campus of Toccoa College in Toccoa, GA. Costs $2 to get in. A nice short gravel pathway to the falls as well. Not crowded on a weekday, but we (group of us droners) kept our distance from others and allowed them to enjoy the falls, take pictures, and enjoy the sunshine that day.

A buddy was flying his homemade FPV drone part of the time and then brought out his DJI FPV. Another buddy had a Mavic 2 with SC.

Spectacular...how did you "back out" of that spot?
The area I was flying from is pretty wide open. The creek flows back from where I started with a decent amount if space to fly out and back. The main viewing area is a pretty big gravel area as well. Hit the 400 ft level and cleared most of the trees.

A very nice fall for both drone and camera. My buddy was flying and FPV homemade unit and he was buzzing the falls real close. He's get up top of the falls and dive bomb down the falls and right over the tops of the rocks on the creek out. His videos are very cool, but can be nauseating as well form the very fast movements.

I'm there for the "scenic" view.

What drone does he use for those flights?...a regular one...or a stunt type?
He has like 4 drones. One is a "Cinewoop" type he hand builds that is FPV (goggles) and can do acrobatics and such. He also just got a DJI FPV recently and it flies almost the same way - just if he crashes the DJI - it's big $$$ gone. On his homemade ones - he simply replaces what may be broken for fairly cheap and back in the air. He "does" crash quite a bit the way he flies. Has lost several drones too - in water and in thick brush.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahb