DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ToDos before selling a drone?

MikeSD

Reactions
Are there any todos I should be aware about when I sell a dji drone?

Do I have to unregister it with FAA?
Do I have to somehow remove my login I used when I installed the app?
Can someone else install the app and use the drin as if it were me?

I just want to make sure I'm not responsible for something the new owner might do.

Reactions: Droniac
Remove the memory card.
Regarding logins that is on your phone not the drone.
That I know of the only kind of user connection that might cause problems is the binding for the flyaway insurance thing. I think you need to sever or unbind that as it might prevent the new owner using THEIR App to fly the drone.
You can't do anything about the DAT logs on the logs drone.
The new owner has no access to your app/info/logs unless you give them your login details

As an aside I have logs from other peoples' app and even if I put them on my phone I CAN NOT play them in my app.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem would arise if you bought it and bound the whatever to it, using it as in getting a replacement is likely irrelevant. If you didn't buy it etc. then there is nothing to worry about.

@MikeSD the drone is linked to your DJI account ,which was first set up when the drone was activated by you
this DJI account in turn is linked to whatever E Mail address you used at that time
when you sell the drone the new owner ,in order to be able to fly it ,will first have to go through the registration procedure and open an DJI account using their E Mail address
they will not be able to access any flight info that you have already accrued
any flight info that you have accrued will always be visible to you in the app ,if you use the same E Mail address to log on

@MikeSD the drone is linked to your DJI account ,which was first set up when the drone was activated by you
this DJI account in turn is linked to whatever E Mail address you used at that time
when you sell the drone the new owner ,in order to be able to fly it ,will first have to go through the registration procedure and open an DJI account using their E Mail address
they will not be able to access any flight info that you have already accrued
any flight info that you have accrued will always be visible to you in the app ,if you use the same E Mail address to log on
Ok, I think inunderstand. When a new owner tries to use the app on their smart device,it won't connect, until they register their account with dji.

Thanks to all who replied.

If you have your FAA etc. details on ( stuck to) the drone remove them (peel them off) before you advertise the drone. I surprises me how many UK eBay sellers leave their equivalents on the drone and display them in their listing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazy007