DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tons of horror stories VS non issue flights.... Don’t let it bum you out.

AClineman

Reactions
While new at this hobby and making my choice about purchasing a drone I’ve read about all the horror stories, fly Away’s, crashes, etc

Seems like those type of stories out number the good experiences 20-1

Had I based my decision on what I’ve read and weather or not I roll out the cash to purchase one of these I probably would have spent it on new fishing gear instead :D

Anyhow I’m glad I bought my MPP and it’s very fun to fly not to mention some of the great photos and videos I’m capturing.

If you’re on the fence about buying one or not and have read those stories remember, many of the issues are self inflicted pilot error but they do happen.

I guess it’s human nature to post about issues and trying to find answers because let’s face it, who comes and post “I’ve had an event free flight today”?

Anyway, hope everyone has a great father’s day today !!

How true. If I went off of all the post I have read about flyaways and crashes I never would have purchased a drone. I have never experienced one issue with the MP or my Inspire. All it takes is a little common sense. But then again common sense is not so common anymore. Lol.

I think it also has to do that most people won't post/start a thread; "Everything works great! - Day 1". Months later another thread "Everything Works Great - Day 91. Still no issues, flying everyday"... Doesn't make for interesting reading.

I also think when something goes wrong people want help to figure it out OR to use it as a learning experience for others. Also people will indeed focus on the negative. It is our nature, self-preservation. But if you really look at the posts/threads. The vast majority are not "horror-story" related; Questions, comments, and experiences (mostly positive)..

Also if you notice, most of these horror stories are "mostly" pilot error. Over the years, I've seen so many thread that read like; "This was my first flight. I unboxed it, saw the battery had a charge and flew it. I lost it at 1500m away"... You can guess the rest. So many people just "fly" without doing any research, learning the remote, the App or the drone, aren't aware of their surroundings or the surroundings of where they are flying...

Of course there are situations where the pilot has done everything correctly and it is indeed some real malfunction, but those are far fewer...

While new at this hobby and making my choice about purchasing a drone I’ve read about all the horror stories, fly Away’s, crashes, etc

Had I based my decision on what I’ve read and weather or not I roll out the cash to purchase one of these I probably would have spent it on new fishing gear instead :D

Anyhow I’m glad I bought my MPP and it’s very fun to fly not to mention some of the great photos and videos I’m capturing.

If you’re on the fence about buying one or not and have read those stories remember, many of the issues are self inflicted pilot error but they do happen.

I guess it’s human nature to post about issues and trying to find answers because let’s face it, who comes and post “I’ve had an event free flight today”?

People only make the effort to write things when they're angry or upset.

"I flew my drone today and nothing happened" isn't worth writing.

So with all things internet, you see more negative than positive.

The reality is the vast majority of people are happily flying their mavics without issue. Most of them are even unaware this forum exists.

Reactions: AClineman
I got my mpp beginning of march this year and fly it every day.
I am now at 101 hours flight time and 2230km flown.
Only thing it did so far was gimbal calibration mid flight once in a while, but that seemed to stop after I started using nd filters.
I flew it into a tree once but luckily no damage.
I get the occasional app disconnect which is fixed by shutting RC off and on.

So far I am very happy with my little bird:)

Reactions: ToddR
People are ten times more likely to post a review on bad stuff than good stuff

People only make the effort to write things when they're angry or upset.

"I flew my drone today and nothing happened" isn't worth writing.

So with all things internet, you see more negative than positive.

The reality is the vast majority of people are happily flying their mavics without issue. Most of them are even unaware this forum exists.

Yup for every post about something bad happening I bet 1,000 other people had flights that day with no issues

Imagine if our car purchase was decided on how many motor vehicle accidents were in the news.....

I'd be extremely fit but never on time for anythingo_O

I flew my mavic air yesterday to a distance of 2000ft and a height or 400ft. Everything worked well. I would not make a post about this, however if I crashed I would have made a post.

I flew my mavic air yesterday to a distance of 2000ft and a height or 400ft. Everything worked well. I would not make a post about this, however if I crashed I would have made a post.

:D

I could say it.....but I won't.......

Fathers day is in September here

222 flights 900,000ft 28 hrs flying time .2 props(leaf and bee strikes) ,1 downward vision recalibration
Not bad

Not only horror stories about the drone crashes, but about angry bystanders. I was super worried when I first got mine that people were going to come running up to me, cursing me out, calling me a perv and things like that. It's been six months now, and I've had very few interactions with others, but the ones I did have were positive where they were just curious. It also helps that I try to not fly near people in the first place. But it seems like if you're flying with common sense and common courtesy a negative interaction with a bystander is pretty unlikely.

The reason the posts all seem to be about problems is because people have no need to post "happy days." I have over 100 flights on my MP and I have never posted an original post to MavicPilots but I have responded to about 100. People don't write articles about how successful they were taking their Tesla out for a drive but people do write articles about their Tesla catching on fire. Same thing. If we all wrote a posting every time we had a successful drone flight this forum would have millions of "happy day" postings. Mavic Pilots would become useless because of all the clutter.

If you're able to view it...I did everything I could do to make my drone crash and/or run away. Good news: I failed....<;^)

I can't make my P4P fly away - a thread of a different color...

If not, here's a video.... It features my Phantom 4 Pro, but all this crosses over to Mavic Pro.

D

This will be short and boring. MPP was my first RC aircraft / drone.

Purchased my MPP Nov 28, I had to update firmware and calibrate the compass before first flight. Crashed due to operator error. Repaired by @Thunderdrones, can't tell it was ever crashed. I update firmware when available, no problems when I fly. Oh, I fly as much as I can.

Reactions: Former Member

I’m sure you should have waited for the m2

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS