DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Took off in Forest Park Queens today.

BaNZ

Reactions
Here are the logs
DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

I spent awhile trying to figure out whether it is NFZ or not. Since it is within 5 miles of one of the worlds busiest airport. Multiple website confirms that it is fine.

As soon as the bird picked up GPS. It says it is class B airspace. I noticed the signal is a bit low and the wind gust is strong so I didn't want to fly too far. Within the first minute, I noticed strong interference. I kinda stopped ascending any further. Took some videos and I think the app went into fullscreen video mode and kinda scared myself, didn't know how to get out of it. Obstacle sensing was also disabled due to altitude.

I also had a signal lost for a few seconds during the pano shot. After the shot was done, I was getting worried about getting another signal lost so I started descending.

Not sure if I would fly there again due to the strong inferences. But I really don't have much choice living in NYC!

Last edited:
theres one area close to my home that gives me issues, i launched first time and got intrerfience warning and when i assended she veered off to the left hard with no stick, scared the heck out of me, never seen that before, i updated to a different dji go app and went back to see if it was a one time glitch and low and behold new app and such and she did almost the same thing, i dont get the warning till i am in the air about 50ft though then she veers off, lucky its a open area,she comes in fine with 0 warnings the warning only happens on assend, very strange it only happens there so i dont go there any more which is a shame as its a beauty spot to launch from, its a old boat launch so i dont know why that would cuase interfierance, and just houses on both sides, very strange

Yeah I don't think MA is a good idea when the wifi channels are oversaturated around the area. I also noticed that the park have free public wifi which probably makes it even worse. Looks like I'm going to have to travel even further out the city to fly it.

Had this problem today but I switched to manual and selected a 5ghz channel and had no further issues.

Were you flying out of the specified flying area. I believe it’s fenced off. Not the entire park is a fly zone. From what I hear it’s pretty small. I fly out of the one in flushing meadows off the Van wick down from the boat house. Not bad if you get there before the pocknickers and better parking. There is also another couple of places n Brooklynni haven’t been to yet.

I checked the b4ufly map and airmap before taking off. I definitely wouldn't risk going to that place again. Might try flushing meadow but since I don't have a car. It is not very accessible.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest