DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Top 10 (20, 30, 50…?) wish list for MAVIC craft changes or additions.

KI5RLL

Reactions
I wish my M3 (and MA2) had a few more or different things.

If DJI would accept and implement your suggestions, what would you want to change about your Mini2, Mini3, MA, MP, MA2, M3, etc?

Software/Hardware/Cosmetic/Camera/Controller etc?

Can you list your craft changes/additions you wish DJI would implement for it?

Mavic Pilots Forum members could develop a top 10+ list for different craft. For DJI Corp. viewers on this Forum. 🤔🙏

We can add, consolidate, and distill this revolving list over time.

My own wish list:

1. AGL altimeter. NOT just barometric alt. above takeoff. 400AGL is law, if we actually know our AGL in variable alt. areas. Up to 400ft power. Just a hidden “ping” every 10 seconds or so. (If AGL laser ping is +/-10% barometric read, show both.)
  2. Hold GPS fix: Hold GPS coords and home point for 30 secs between battery swaps. M3 seems to already do it if you swap quickly.
  3. Bluetooth audio portal (for headphone/earbud audio access for craft AND controller).
  4. Onboard integrated 3 SM top light beacon, multi-function options.
  5. Of course we wish less expensive. Some adds will increase cost I know.
  6. Onboard climate metrics (temp, humidity, barometer read, apparent wind, etc.). Already has a great barometer. Give us the read.
  7. Give battery amperage percentage load draw in flight.
  8. Onboard integrated cargo mount/thrower/drop system.
  9. A new MAVIC VTOL hybrid winged craft for long aloft/loiter time. Like morph the M3 into a VTOL Wing. (Like a Swan K1 Pro). Very similar to a MAVIC quad, just as a winged hybrid VTOL, maybe 2-4 motors. 90 minute flight time…?
  10. RID disable override, when I am flying overseas in a country that does not require it. See my GPS fix, disable RID there.
DJI could take the add-on accessory market themselves, by integrating many things we need to buy from other manufacturers on Amazon and eBay etc for some of the above items.

Go App 😀👍
As far as #10. Why worry about it if they don’t use it 😀

I’ve always wanted a Mavic to be able to call up a previous flight record and fly it again. Not a set of waypoints, but via the location, altitude, speed, etc. in each 1/10 of a second record in the flight.

Reactions: Rchawks and KI5RLL
Go App 😀👍
As far as #10. Why worry about it if they don’t use it
Go App 😀👍
Go App 😀👍
Because I don’t want that RF transmission in some countries I fly in, considering legal protection against such tracking there is zero. And I just can’t find a valid reason to broadcast such easily trackable data in that country.

(edit) Sorry @dirkclod I don’t know why it repeated your comment 3 times.

Last edited:
I’ve always wanted a Mavic to be able to call up a previous flight record and fly it again. Not a set of waypoints, but via the location, altitude, speed, etc. in each 1/10 of a second record in the flight.
Yes it seems there is a very good GPS breadcrumb and telemetry trail already saved from any flight. People pull up those files pretty often here for crash diagnosis etc.
Seems it should be easy to tell it “fly this again” and the craft could follow its own data exactly again with inches. Weather conditions permitting.
I say a good idea yes.

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
Because I don’t want that RF transmission in some countries I fly in, considering legal protection against such tracking there is zero. And I just can’t find a valid reason to broadcast such easily trackable data in that country.

(edit) Sorry @dirkclod I don’t know why it repeated your comment 3 times.
Cause your fingers must be like mine 😀

Reactions: KI5RLL
Goggles. I just want to be able to fly any DJI drone with goggles.
Okay. So FPV goggles that will work on any DJI drone. Seems it would not be hard for that software to link their goggles to the video/data stream of a DJI craft.
Maybe a standardized google set that only needs to be paired (like a controller) to any other DJI craft to easily fly it FPV.
Maybe there would be issues with some of the much older first generation Mavic crafts due to data stream bandwidth and capacity.
Would probably need to be different firmware updates to fly for each of the apps,
  • DJI Fly
  • DJI GO 4
  • DJI Mimo
  • DJI Ronin
  • DJI Pilot
  • DJI Pilot PE
  • DJI Virtual Flight
And also maybe for the RC-N1 and the 2 new smart controllers separately. IDK but seems software could link it all.

• AGL altimeter. NOT just barometric alt. above takeoff. 400AGL is law, if we actually know our AGL in variable alt. areas. Up to 400ft power. Just a hidden “ping” every 10 seconds or so. (If AGL laser ping is +/-10% barometric read, show both.)
There is no sensor that is affordable or lightweight enough to provide this data.
It's not hard to estimate the drone's above ground height anyway if you already know how high it is relative to where you launched.

• Hold GPS fix: Hold GPS coords and home point for 30 secs between battery swaps. M3 seems to already do it if you swap quickly.
That's just how GPS works.
A cold boot might take a minute, but a hot boot will take just seconds.

• Onboard climate metrics (temp, humidity, barometer read, apparent wind, etc.). Already has a great barometer. Give us the read.
Why? Do you really need any of that info?
It would just clutter the screen.

Push the stick forward and you know the motors spin faster and draw more current

Thank you @Meta4.
-One can purchase a laser rangefinder at Lowe’s and most hardware places that is about 1/2 the size of a cigarette pack, but much of that bulk being the battery, chassis to hold and handle it, display screen, buttons, ports, etc. All of which are gone when the actual circuit board only is used, and the laser sensor is mounted like the down collision sensors on DJI craft now. The board itself and laser sensor are quite tiny. Microchips pf a few grams. All internal, and that software/board anyway can run internal with DJI software. So it would be software, a couple short 28ga wires, and a laser head/sensor the size of a pencil eraser.
We don’t always have a way to know the up or down altitude when flying in steep mountainous terrain and more like over some buildings. I fly in mountains and deep valleys often and it is a constant job assessing AGL. No complaints—just a more accurate way is easy to implement.
-I am a meteorologist actually, and a way to gather lower atmosphere data even only up to 400ft overhead would be quite valuable. Data points up the side of a mountain, down into a river valley and more would be very valuable. Yes for meteorology I know. Aside the MAVIC flight value of knowing apparent wind, wind shear telltales, humidity, temp. and more. All of which affect flight. As a SKYWARN stormtracker having real time storm data is something we in the NWS and NOAA can drool over. Two miles from a convective cell the predictive data become important. They are all predictive data points, watching barometric, temp. and humidity changes.
-Amperage load would tell us much about flight efficiencies, ancillary load draws, best velocity in flight, etc. Plus early warning signs of battery, motor, and hardware issues. Like in any automobile or plane already. (Though pretty rare issues with DJI quality, until that old Lipo finally starts dying fast in flight). Use it to analyze hover vs. flight time at different velocities etc.

Yes these are a lot of Geek-Nerd requests. But hey it’s only a wishlist. And tech. is gaining and maybe soon these are as standard as collision sensors and GPS hold.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian