DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Top 3 Favorite Childhood Toys...

floyd

Reactions
I was watching a documentary on Netflix about the unusual development of Star Trek toys today, and I got me to thinking about the toys I enjoyed when I was a kid. Since the forum has many members around my age, I thought it might be fun to see what others enjoyed playing with as a kid.

I never got into action figures or GI Joe, but here are my Top 3 favorites:

1. Hot Wheels was far and away my favorite toy. I probably owned a 100 yards of orange track and as many cars.
2. Slot cars (and to a slightly lesser degree, electric train set). In my basement, atop an old ping pong my best friend and I would log hundreds of miles with our AMT slot cars. Racing was cool, but bringing the car in for a pit stop, taking it apart and oiling it was the BEST! I remember my favorite car had "Gulf" written in orange against a pale blue finish.
3. Toy soldiers. Many battles were fought in and around the living room fireplace.

Honorable mention:
Tonka Trucks
LEGOs
Daisy BB Gun (not sure that's a toy, though)
(Fantasizing about) Girls :)

I didn’t have 3, I was a spoilt brat...
Loved my action man, not in that wayo_O
Train set, fascinated with trains at a young age
Maccano set, loved building things.
Scalextric, thought I was a racing car champ.
Oh and a Chopper (bike) don’t know if you had these in the states

The list could go on but you did say three and I’ve already put five down, sorry;)

I didn’t have 3, I was a spoilt brat...
Loved my action man, not in that wayo_O
Train set, fascinated with trains at a young age
Maccano set, loved building things.
Scalextric, thought I was a racing car champ.
Oh and a Chopper (bike) don’t know if you had these in the states

The list could go on but you did say three and I’ve already put five down, sorry;)

Our chopper bikes were the original Schwinn "Orange Crate". They now sell for $3500 - 4500 Dollars in excellent condition! o_O
1548740095442.png

My top 3

Tyco electric train set....I still have it in a box in storage in the garage.
RC Car. But back then it had a long wire attached to it, not true R/C
Slot car racing. Even had a 20 foot long drag strip set up in the basement. Like you say floyd the best part was taking them apart oiling the small motors and changing the contacts on the bottom of the cars and trying to make them run faster. Do you remember the yellow guard rails that clipped onto the turns. I think it was AFX Slot Car Racing??

This is our version of the chopper bike, same here it now goes for mega bucks;)

There’s even a chopper club now in the UK..

View attachment 60916
Ya that was really " Cool" back then.
I remember cutting the front forks off one bike and then adding them onto another to make a long chopper and hope like hell the forks did not come apart riding the bike....With a big "Sissy Bar" and Banana Seat...Wow sure brings back allot of old memories of "Tunder Bay" Ontario...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnny760