DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Top 3 Favorite Childhood Toys...

Yup the good old days, no worries, no stress, run down the street playing till your mom would yell out the door to come home..

Hmmm, you were lucky. My mom never yelled out the door for me like the other moms did. In fact, usually when I got home, my mom had turned out the lights and locked the door. Maybe she was trying to tell me something.

Wearing your Sears Toughskin jeans (remember those?) and having your mom "iron on those patches in the knee area to repair the holes. Riding my BMX bike that I crashed so many times I could not count. Reassembling the bike from spare parts from my sisters bikes and them getting pissed when I taco'ed thier rims by going off huge jumps.

+1 for the Rockem Sockem Robots! Thumbswayup "Knock his Block Off!"

This thread makes me wonder - Where are all my toys and possessions from childhood? Landfill? Floating around being sold from eBay seller to eBay buyer?

JETEX, that got put onto planes, boats, cars and airfix models to destruction
scalextric slot cars, Hornby trains.
I begged for trik trak one Christmas, very disappointed, they could get away with very dodgy TV advertising in those days.

just read this thread and it was like i was a kid again i can relate to most of the toys mentioned but the one that brought a tear to my eye was the balsa aeroplanes my dad and i used to make and fly them back in the day and when i fly my mav it brings back those memories thank you all for your posts

Fun topic!

I had an old Lionel train set with the smoking stack that we somehow messed up - the train still ran fine though! We got a lot of mileage out of Lincoln Logs (building forts around the train track, etc.) and Tinker Toys. There was also another wooden building toy that had interlocking grooves in each piece and we built stuff with those. I think they call them PlayStix today, but that doesn't seem like what there were called back in the 50s. Then again, I can't remember where I put my keys some days!

Do you remember the yellow guard rails that clipped onto the turns. I think it was AFX Slot Car Racing??

Yes! Yes! Yes! Wow... what a great memory and memory.

Thank you, everyone, for these wonderful toy memories. I must be honest, my eyes have clouded up after reading all your wonderful memories when your only job in life was to be a kid.

Pump-up Rocket! Loved that toy!
Balsa rubber band plane! I had my fair share of flights.
Tinker Toys! Yes!
Schwinn Sting Rays! My favorite bike, though jumping over kid-made ramps certainly hurt my crotch!
I remember having an Erector Set, but I wasn't smart enough to make anything.

Remember the chemistry and geology sets? Never see those for sale these days!

Reading all your posts is like hearing a long-forgotten oldie on the radio (remember transistor radios?) and visualizing in my mind's-eye my childhood bedroom or watching stars or staying up late to watch scary movies or walking to school with my friends every morning.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if my memories are a curse or a blessing. A curse in that they vividly remind me and bring into sharp focus my remaining days are dwindling. Or a blessing in that they bring a tear-drenched smile to my face by reminding me of happier, carefree days and how lucky I am to have had them.

I'm not sure if my memories are a curse or a blessing. A curse in that they vividly remind me and bring into sharp focus my remaining days are dwindling. Or a blessing in that they bring a tear-drenched smile to my face by reminding me of happier, carefree days and how lucky I am to have had them.
got to be a blessing they are something no body can take away from you and they sustain you through dark times

82f4b404d9a1fe85a69a6a4ac33ea2b2.jpg

My all-time favorite. I had the space station as well.

Reactions: old man mavic
Ya you All are right about bringing back so many childhood memories.
We took a drive back to the home town i grew up in, Thunder Bay ONT. on the shore of Lake Superior and just doing that last summer brought back so many memories.
It is so good to talk with you guys of the toys we used to play with back then some 40 years ago....you will never find toys as good and so entertaining for the kids. All they want now is to walk with their head down stuck in their phones.They don't know what fun is playing outside in the fresh air.

Reactions: Former Member
Bought lots of these as a kid at the local hardware store a 20 minute walk from home, but they were tons of fun...would even clip the wings a bit to make ailerons and same with the tail feathers to make it climb a little more and do some turns.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman