DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Top speed

How do the P4P props affect flight characteristics?

We figured out in another thread that the max tilt of the Mavic and Mavic 2 is actually 45 even though the parameter will allow you to go up to 60. This must have something to do with the expo curve because it can’t actually tilt to 60 degrees
1.) What is that thread?
2.) Perhaps enter Manual mode. I'll going to have my very first test flights today.
EDIT: Not M2 but MPP.

Last edited:
1.) What is that thread?
2.) Perhaps enter Manual mode. I'll going to have my very first test flights today.
EDIT: Not M2 but MPP.

It took me awhile to find this but here ya are

Well yea manual is different.

Reactions: Microwave89
I'm a little late here, but maybe still someone can explain what I am doing wrong on my Mavic 2 Pro:
g_config_mode_sport_cfg_rc_scale is set to 1 by default, and increased the max angle in sport mode to 55. However, as I approach the advertised 20 m/s (72 km/h, 44.74 mph) the drone flattens out (very noticeable as the gimbal can go higher then) and after hitting about 73 km/h slows down to slightly below 72. Without checking the wind direction, I tried this in different directions just to be sure that the fastest trial would have a tailwind, if anything.
How can I avoid this limit? I could set the angle to 90, as long as the drone flattens out as it hits the limit I won't get any faster.

How do you mount P4 props on an m2? Placing them on the center pin shows that they rub on the body, can you give me the specific process to install them? do you need to fly with nld after that point or will it fly normally?

How do you mount P4 props on an m2? Placing them on the center pin shows that they rub on the body, can you give me the specific process to install them? do you need to fly with nld after that point or will it fly normally?

I see the same thing here when trying it with a Mavic 2 Enterprise... pulled out a set of DJI 9455S (Low Noise Props for P4 Advanced/Pro/Pro +) just to see if they’d fit.

Guaranteed prop strike.

I reached out the the thread OP on HOW these oversized props work with the M2 platform...here is his response:

I extended the rear arms. If you look at the way they are constructed, the joint will come apart easily. I made one longer arm out of two by profiling the slip joint and sliding together similar to stock.
You can also use collet adapters and aftermarket props such as APC.

That makes sense now...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronecc