DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Top speed

lolo780

Reactions
9U4OGwl.jpg

Mavic 2 Pro with P4P rear props, ATTI mode.

Reactions: brett8883
O2hi3u0.jpg

3rd try 83.4mph. Changed normal mode tilt from my long range setting of 33.3 to 60.

Do sport mode 60 and change

g_config_mode_sport_cfg_rc_scale
To 1
I'm using ATTI mode for the most 'speeds'

Cinematic 12.5m/s
Avoid 13.7, 29 tilt, .57 RC scale
P 15.2, 60 tilt, .666 RC scale
S 19, 32 tilt, .85 RC scale I think
ATTI flat out

I'm using ATTI mode for the most 'speeds'

Cinematic 12.5m/s
Avoid 13.7, 29 tilt, .57 RC scale
P 15.2, 60 tilt, .666 RC scale
S 19, 32 tilt, .85 RC scale I think
ATTI flat out

Atti and P are the same as far as parameters. Trust me sport mode is faster and your RC scale is the the percentage of the tilt at max stick input. That’s why your attitude radar thing in the lower left is only showing you at a little more than half way tilted even though you have tilt set to max. Sport mode also has advanced gains set higher so you can achieve a higher speed.

Just trust me on this and go try before the wind dies down!

Reactions: lolo780
So whats the fastest speed u can get in sport mode minus wind factors...55mph? Doesnt your gimble tilt down fast when going to 55 or 60 tilt?

What exactly does this do?
To 1

So whats the fastest speed u can get in sport mode minus wind factors...55mph? Doesnt your gimble tilt down fast when going to 55 or 60 tilt?

What exactly does this do?
To 1
RC scale gives you fine adjustment over speed. I run 60 tilt in normal mode and use RC scale to limit P mode speed to 15m/s. Switching to ATTI gives full power.
If you just use tilt angle to give an efficient P mode speed you won't get full speed in ATTI.

RC scale gives you fine adjustment over speed. I run 60 tilt in normal mode and use RC scale to limit P mode speed to 15m/s. Switching to ATTI gives full power.
If you just use tilt angle to give an efficient P mode speed you won't get full speed in ATTI.

Where are you getting these speed mode limits from? Is this one of those Mavic2 things that I don’t know about yet?

I’m mean are they like parameters, in the app, or just what you have experienced?
They're firmware parameters and adjustable the same as M1, P4, Spark, I2. Speaking of which, the I2 is a lot of fun when modded. I've got some spare arms and always wanted to extend the rears so the props clear TB55 batteries.

RC scale is actually the anount of the max tilt as a percentage you are making available to be controlled by the remote. If no wind and your max tilt is 60 but your RC scale
They're firmware parameters and adjustable the same as M1, P4, Spark, I2. Speaking of which, the I2 is a lot of fun when modded. I've got some spare arms and always wanted to extend the rears so the props clear TB55 batteries.

What’s the parameter because I’ve been all through those parameters 1000s of times and have never come across a horizontal velocity limit. Are you maybe thinking of the vertical velocity limits? Like

g_config_mode_sport_cfg_vert_vel_up=10?

Cause for instance that one is the maximum ascent rate in sport mode.

Could you give me an example of what you are talking about?

Oh the speeds are what I observed in flight. Sorry for the confusion, I posted the speeds to help give others a starting point because it's quite a bit of trial and error to dial things in.

Reactions: brett8883
Where are you getting these speed mode limits from? Is this one of those Mavic2 things that I don’t know about yet?

I’m curious as well. I have flown into some heavy tailwinds and can’t get more than mid to upper 40s out of it.

We figured out in another thread that the max tilt of the Mavic and Mavic 2 is actually 45 even though the parameter will allow you to go up to 60. This must have something to do with the expo curve because it can’t actually tilt to 60 degrees

I’m curious as well. I have flown into some heavy tailwinds and can’t get more than mid to upper 40s out of it.

That’s weird I reset my Mavic back to stock the other day just to see how weird it woukd be since I’ve had all my parameters jacked up for so long. It was, but I also got up to to 56 with stock everything and the wind wasn’t blowing that hard

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goadreams