DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tossing a Mavic Pro Platinum

Yes I'm insured. But there would be nobody in the range, the only liability would be the Mavic crash itself and perhaps extra gardening due to a rose or photinia bush being hit by the drone

First, I'm surprised that you still have the Mavic. Second and to answer your post... I'd be really surprised if you still had the Mavic.

My recommendation... don't fly from a building and simply take off from the ground.

Well that wasn’t very helpful was it? Why not keep your own limitations to yourself and stop clogging up the forum with “Fun Police” drivel.

Well that wasn’t very helpful was it? Why not keep your own limitations to yourself and stop clogging up the forum with “Fun Police” drivel.
he gave very good advise,but you seemingly only want to hear from those that agree with your bizarre tactics,good luck
also once you hand toss from a skyscraper your likely already above height limitations
and the instant you begin your toss,the mavic rpms will max out due to movement

he gave very good advise,but you seemingly only want to hear from those that agree with your bizarre tactics,good luck
also once you hand toss from a skyscraper your likely already above height limitations
and the instant you begin your toss,the mavic rpms will max out due to movement

First, I said I launch from 30m. I still have plenty to go without breaking the height limit.

Second, hope you do realize you're ranting Vs. another person, not the thread owner. ;)

Unless he's also prone to "bizarre tactics" (I take it as a compliment), he just wrote his thoughts about the unhelpful replies.

But over the years I learned to ignore "keyboard tigers".

There is a saying about those who don't believe something can be done shouldn't stop others who are making it.

Only one of the first responders got the question right: I'm not worried about the Mavic falling down (furthermore after yesterday's test). I'm most worried about the Mavic trying to regain the launch position before I hit the sticks, at danger of hitting something on his way back.

Last edited:
you do know that the drone is rated to a 32meter bounce- launch, since you're at 30m, simply drop the drone off the balcony, it will hit the ground and bounce up and launch. The highest drop I've seen out there is 29.2 m, so you should go for the official drop record! and if it doesn't work, well then Maverick will have to do his tower buzz with a new Mavick.

Reactions: wytnyt
you do know that the drone is rated to a 32meter bounce- launch, since you're at 30m, simply drop the drone off the balcony, it will hit the ground and bounce up and launch. The highest drop I've seen out there is 29.2 m, so you should go for the official drop record! and if it doesn't work, well then Maverick will have to do his tower buzz with a new Mavick.
How hilarious. :confused:

First, I said I launch from 30m. I still have plenty to go without breaking the height limit.

Second, hope you do realize you're ranting Vs. another person, not the thread owner. ;)

Unless he's also prone to "bizarre tactics" (I take it as a compliment), he just wrote his thoughts about the unhelpful replies.

But over the years I learned to ignore "keyboard tigers".

There is a saying about those who don't believe something can be done shouldn't stop others who are making it.

Only one of the first responders got the question right: I'm not worried about the Mavic falling down (furthermore after yesterday's test). I'm most worried about the Mavic trying to regain the launch position before I hit the sticks, at danger of hitting something on his way back.
just go for it,you dont want advice.you just want others to bolster your idea
i guarantee the mavic will fly until,,,,,well ,thats in the next chapter but good luck

Reactions: Dragonfly
just go for it,you dont want advice.you just want others to bolster your idea
i guarantee the mavic will fly until,,,,,well ,thats in the next chapter but good luck
Do you realize the complaint was started by another user?

As per my request, I only need to know if someone has already tried anything I described to see if anyone already failed.

But what's a forum for?

Reactions: SparkoMavic
You live in a skyscraper.... What the ****! Do you care at all about the people below you?

Pretty good chance anyone that it didn’t work with doesn’t have a drone anymore and hence probably wouldn’t frequent forums anymore to give a reply.

Now they might buy another but I can guarantee that my wife of 30 great years would tell me to fly a kite if I said I wanted to buy another drone cause mine broke when I threw it out the window.

Most likely I’d just slink away into the shadows and wouldn’t be watching forums anymore.

Pretty good chance anyone that it didn’t work with doesn’t have a drone anymore and hence probably wouldn’t frequent forums anymore to give a reply.

Now they might buy another but I can guarantee that my wife of 30 great years would tell me to fly a kite if I said I wanted to buy another drone cause mine broke when I threw it out the window.

Most likely I’d just slink away into the shadows and wouldn’t be watching forums anymore.

Anyone that can throw out of a window a $1099 dollars drone thinking that will start in the air and fly are two things: Crazy ignorant or they have so much money that losing the mavic is not a big deal.

Anyone that can throw out of a window a $1099 dollars drone thinking that will start in the air and fly are two things: Crazy ignorant or they have so much money that losing the mavic is not a big deal.

All my sympathy for lacking - besides sheer curiosity - any respect for others.

Labelling someone you don't know anything about "crazy ignorant" on a public forum, highlights a poor, worthless and insignificant life, regardless of how much money you have in your bank account.

Thankfully the Mavic is smarter and can perfectly handle being left alone in the air once the propellers are on , contrary to the widespread fears.

Ah and by the way, hand-launching and catching allows keeping the Mavic in pristine condition by avoiding scratches to the bottom, other than magnetic interference from concrete rebar in floors and also forgetting about purchasing all those gadgets such as launchpads, as if there weren't enough useless plastic around.

I've tried that on the ground. Turned props on, held it high with my hand and let go. It started hovering on its own without touching any controls. That was close to the ground though, I believe here that the ultrasonic height sensor is what makes it work. In your case, you may be too far off ground for this to work.

I think this is totally doable if one allows the Mavic to idle and then uses left stick up when tossing the Mavic. I am so tempted to try this off my roof. I bet you could hold the Mavic by the bottom and slowly increase throttle so that there is just a bit of upward pull and then just rach out and let go of Mavic and it will either hold position or ascend a bit.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803