DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Total newbie

Welcome to the forum from Chicago the Windy City.
I fly two MP.s enjoy both of them, been flying 4 years now. You have been given some good advice, on this forum to keep you, your sky cam, and the public safe. I have a list of procedures, #1. Preflight Checklist.
#2. Preflight checklist (in field) #3, Takeoff procedure #4. After take off procedure #5. After landing check List
#6. Emergency procedure. Most important of all of these check lists. Abort RTH. How do you do that? Understanding how the RTH (return to home works).feature works. The RTH feature is one of the most complex features of a DJI drone. It works very well, but it can do unexpected things if your not sure how its supposed to work. Give you a example: guy on a boat, anchored, home point was marked where he took off from. Then he pulled up anchor, followed the drone in his boat, got a low battery signal. pressed RTH, and watched his drone fly back where he was anchored. And, watched his bird sink into the water. There are many possible scenarios that could occur when RTH is initiated. Carefully review the RTH section of your DJI manual so you fully understand what to expect. Take your time, I made up a special folder, with tabs, to refresh my brain on what to do to avoid
emergency situations. Even, the best pilots, have unavoidable problems. Any way, I believe in preventive measures, to avoid using Find my drone. I have two tracking devices, on my drones, the on board, will only last as long as the battery has life in it. The other is good for 2 miles, have never used it yet, but its there if a emergency comes up. Fly safe, and have fun.

Welcome "Total Newbie" .....but...please ... slow and easy as you don't want to report in on - he who 'totalled' his new M2P.
Confined spaces, objects and wind is your enemy.
The pointers you will get on this forum are gold. I concur with 'Spitfire' above on RTH. So many experiences of downhearted pilots (me included) who 'thought' they understood this great 'safety' feature...much to our chagrin!
Looking forward to your progress reports and your first production.
Safe flying mate ....from Down Under.

Ok, I am a really real newbie. Just got my first uav and it is a Mavic 2 Pro. So I am learning the laws and learning the toy so I will read as much as I can on this site and ask questions when I need some guidance!
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new Mavic 2 Pro, Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000