DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tourist droning in Greece

Jackie Leung

Reactions
Hi all,

Been doing research, apparently you do not need a license to fly your drone in Greece if you obey the limit of 50m, does anyone know if it is ok to fly in the Yellow regions even below 50m?

Thanks

Attachments

• chrome_N1S5nuoO5G.jpg
    chrome_N1S5nuoO5G.jpg
    596.9 KB · Views: 7
Hi all,

Been doing research, apparently you do not need a license to fly your drone in Greece if you obey the limit of 50m, does anyone know if it is ok to fly in the Yellow regions even below 50m?

Thanks
Greece is a member nation of the European Union and uses the EU drone regulations as the basis for their regulations. There are links here that will route to the the official Greek regulations. Don't trust the other sites that discuss regulations; they're frequently incorrect.

I didn't look at the official Greek regulations, but there is mention in other sources of an exemption for tourist operations, but the 50m limit is the maximum distance from the operator, not the maximum altitude.

Keep us posted on what you find out, please.

Ive just come back from kefolonia on tuesday i took my air2s mainly for my sons wedding in assos which i had permission from the wedding planner i dont think she knew the laws anyhow
I flew a few times around fiscardo and ithica without any issue's never saw any police or seen a police station for that matter ,i have A2 and operating license my drone is labelled up and always fly safely and responable ,the airport was over 60km away so that wasnt a problem ,people around me could see and hear the drone but never bothered even at the airport my drone bag was scanned without any issue's

My conclusion is it depends where in greece you are going mainland greece maybe stricter but the islands seem fine

Beeing Greek, and having spent quite some time reading the regulations, since i recently got my drone, I am going to say that if you don't annoy someone so that they report you, and you don't have a huuge bird, the police truly won't bother you. I seriously doubt the even know that regulations exist XD.
That being said, don't push your luck. Fly safe within common sense, and I believe you will be alright without any registration.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143