DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trackimo 3g tracker question

tman

Reactions
Hi folks
Not sure if I'm posting this in the right section !!
Does anyone know as to if you can use any sim in a Trackimo 3g tracker !!
My initial years subscription is coming to an end and wondered if I can use a pay as you go sim ?
Any help much appreciated [emoji6]

Hi folks
Not sure if I'm posting this in the right section !!
Does anyone know as to if you can use any sim in a Trackimo 3g tracker !!
My initial years subscription is coming to an end and wondered if I can use a pay as you go sim ?
Any help much appreciated [emoji6]
I’m not familiar with sim, but did recently go with TRACKIMO Guardian 3g after my yearly subscription expired on the 2g.

Just renewed my subscription with TRACKIMO, the 3g is great.

Paul

I’m not familiar with sim, but did recently go with TRACKIMO Guardian 3g after my yearly subscription expired on the 2g.

Just renewed my subscription with TRACKIMO, the 3g is great.

Paul

Hi Paul
A Sim is the (subscriber identity module or subscriber identification module, widely known as a SIM card used in a tracker or mobile phone)
I was trying to find out if you can use any Sim card in the Trackimo or wether you had to use only Trackimo's Sim card ?
regards
Tony

Hi Paul
A Sim is the (subscriber identity module or subscriber identification module, widely known as a SIM card used in a tracker or mobile phone)
I was trying to find out if you can use any Sim card in the Trackimo or wether you had to use only Trackimo's Sim card ?
regards
Tony
Hello Tony,

TRACKIMO does not use SIM cards, connection is made by contacting TRACKIMO.

in my case, before my G2 expired I purshased the G3 Guardian from TRACKIMO which has a one year service. Can’t remember if it arrived activated or if I had too but do remember having issues, but after a call to TRACKIMO they got everything working.

TRACKIMO service is great, they will help and correct any issues over the phone so when the conversation is over the module is working like it should. It was probably me not fully understanding the instructions, ever since then no issues.

Good luck,
Paul

Hi Paul
I beg to differ but there is definitely a SIM card in my and any Trackimo out there ;)
Hello tman,

I didn’t see one on my G2, and with the G3 Guardian if user pops open the split housing warranty is void.

So even if G3 Guardian has a SIM card, user will void warranty looking inside. I asked this question when TRACKIMO was helping me setup my Guardian, Good information to remember for those considering the G3 Guardian or other newer Guardian products.

Paul

SIM card in the unit itself
No warranty issues to be affected Paul
Just pops in like in a Mobile phone [emoji106]

Trackimo 2.pngTrackimo .jpg17.jpg

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members