DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tracking a lost drone?

Reactions
Has anyone ever used a tracking device on there drone and if so, which one?

Reactions: Inspirephil
Same as the other person said Marco Polo tracking systems are the best IMHO. I just purchased mine and feel much safer than before. The Marco Polo is good for 2 miles and doesn’t rely on GPS, it tracks through a transmitter attached to the drone itself and a tracking monitor. The waterproof advanced version cost me $239 and is worth every penny. You can have up to 3 different transmitter tags for 1 tracking monitor and that way you can track them all with one device.
Although with my first Inspire 2 (that was defective from DJI) I hit a tree limb and it crashed and I was able to use the “drone tracking feature” in the DJI GO 4 app and it directed me straight to my drone amongst the giant heap of blackberry bushes and I was able to send it back to DJI for a replacement. Very lucky that time!
If you’re interested in finding your drones after any type of accident or flyaway I would definitely recommend getting a Marco Polo tracking system over the “find your drone feature” on the app. I have a lot of money tied up in my drones and I’ll do everything I can to retrieve them.
Another thing to do is make sure you have all your personal information on your drone somewhere, phone number, address, and of course your FAA registration number and that way if someone finds it they’ll have a way to return it to you. Personally, I placed a reward for the safe return of my drones right on each of them as an added incentive. See the pictures below!
Also there’s ReclaimDrone.com for anyone who finds your drone to go to by using your FAA registration number and see who’s drone it is, providing that they’re an honest citizen, hopefully!! :)

Attachments

• 497A988C-1964-42FC-8AD0-1998B6348AA6.jpeg
    497A988C-1964-42FC-8AD0-1998B6348AA6.jpeg
    942.8 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Reactions: Rich55

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member