DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tracking Device Mounting Location

hiwese1

Reactions
So I have done a lot of research and have decided to get the Marco Polo tracking device. Now the question is where to mount it. I have watched a few videos and watched the one on youtube from drone valley and he took apart the Mavic. Looks like behind the battery on the top would be a safe location to mount the device.

Standing by to see if the smart ones here can give me a better option. Also have any of you used a tracking device on the Mavic yet and which one did you go with?

So I have done a lot of research and have decided to get the Marco Polo tracking device. Now the question is where to mount it. I have watched a few videos and watched the one on youtube from drone valley and he took apart the Mavic. Looks like behind the battery on the top would be a safe location to mount the device.

Standing by to see if the smart ones here can give me a better option. Also have any of you used a tracking device on the Mavic yet and which one did you go with?
Can't answer your questions, but I picked up a Marco Polo for my Mavic as well, so I'm hoping you get some good suggestions.

Looks like behind the battery on the top would be a safe location to mount the device.
It would definitely fit there, but I'd be worried about the antenna hitting the props. I think I'm going to try mounting mine to the inside of one of the rears arms with these mounting strips and point the antenna downward. Either side of the Mavic might be a good mounting location too (if you're not hand catching).

Last edited:
Look at this video at approx. 0.20. You'll see him attaching a Trackimo tracking device.

For larger trackers, I think the top is going to be the only possible mounting location. Most trackers are much larger than the Marco Polo, so the mounting options are going to be quite limited.

Last edited:
From one of the tear-down videos, it looks like the gps antenna is at the rear towards the top. I would be concerned about blocking it by mounting something there. Side or leg mount may be OK if the device doesn't weigh much to upset the balance. I was considering on top above the camera or maybe on the battery itself.

I was thinking about the battery also, guess I would just need to add Velcro to each battery which would be no biggie.

Does anyone have picks of one done yet?

The video finally loaded on my phone. Looks like the back worked fine and the Marco Polo is smaller.

Mine has worked great on the arm. Still folds and I can charge while it's attached.
601e6bc98a173b56f8752dc36fca8fb4.jpg
37b54fedc5314753b143fb2600b8c6aa.jpg

68ff0f69aa8843689db936bf67a94061.jpg

What do you think about this location for the Marco Polo? - It is attached with Scotch industrial strength fasteners.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kcb2627