DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Transfer content from mavic 2 too ipad

MGVision

Reactions
What i need to transfer videos and pictures directly from my mavic 2 to ipad? Which cable will do the trick? How you handle this issue with apple devices? I am strugling with this matter...

I use the apple sd adapter. Not a direct link as such but no need for a pc or laptop

What i need to transfer videos and pictures directly from my mavic 2 to ipad? Which cable will do the trick? How you handle this issue with apple devices? I am strugling with this matter...

First, understand you can only add iOS compatible files/images/video to the iPad, i.e., no DNG photos and only H.264 videos.

You can connect your iPad to the controller just like a phone, then with the drone powered on go to the files screen (Play button lower right) in the GO4, select the files to transfer, and click the download icon in lower left corner. There may be other ways, but this is the only one I've used.

Usbc to lightning cable doesn’t work for the ipad.
Even my spark does this.

First, understand you can only add iOS compatible files/images/video to the iPad, i.e., no DNG photos and only H.264 videos.

I edit DNG files just fine on my iPad Pro using the Affinity app.

And to answer the OP, you need Apple's camera connector kit, which is just an SD card reader. There are cheaper knockoffs but I've found them to be pretty hit or miss as to whether they work.

Unlike the spark that you can direct cable from drone to ipad.
The mavic 2 cannot. Only usbc-usbc on the new ipad. I would prefer not to remove the sd card so I just do the wireless transfer.

Unlike the spark that you can direct cable from drone to ipad.
The mavic 2 cannot. Only usbc-usbc on the new ipad. I would prefer not to remove the sd card so I just do the wireless transfer.

I purchased a ucbc-lightning cable that doesn’t work with my zoom.

I edit DNG files just fine on my iPad Pro using the Affinity app.

And to answer the OP, you need Apple's camera connector kit, which is just an SD card reader. There are cheaper knockoffs but I've found them to be pretty hit or miss as to whether they work.

Ditto with h.265 stuff using LumaFusion or similar. I use one of these and I've had no issues, so I guess I got a "hit" :) It works pretty well, but you do need to utilize an iOS app to transfer files around and it's gotten flaky a time or two...but never to the point where I couldn't complete what I was working on.

Hi all,

Topic seem to be old, but can’t find any solution to this.

I have the latest updates and firmware updates on apps and devices. About 2 months ago I cleared the memory card and cache from all photos and videos and after that the photos are not automatically downloaded to my iPad Pro. I am using Lightning-USB -cable which was working just perfect before and had all the hi-res jpgs on my iPad after the flights without any manual transfer.

When downloading them from the DJI GO 4 App, the quality of the jpgs is really poor (lowres jpgs). Directly from the memory card I can get the files into my mac (and then airdrop them to my iPad) , but running out of mac battery all the time because am sailing and don’t have AC-power on board when on sea. Any solutions?

Chears!

Hi all,

Topic seem to be old, but can’t find any solution to this.

I have the latest updates and firmware updates on apps and devices. About 2 months ago I cleared the memory card and cache from all photos and videos and after that the photos are not automatically downloaded to my iPad Pro. I am using Lightning-USB -cable which was working just perfect before and had all the hi-res jpgs on my iPad after the flights without any manual transfer.

When downloading them from the DJI GO 4 App, the quality of the jpgs is really poor (lowres jpgs). Directly from the memory card I can get the files into my mac (and then airdrop them to my iPad) , but running out of mac battery all the time because am sailing and don’t have AC-power on board when on sea. Any solutions?

Chears!

I use an app called "Sync for DJI” it'll download full resolution pictures and video from the drone. It even works on raw files.

Reactions: LifeOfMöömeid
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WTF-N1466