DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Transmission and camera Help

natsut

Reactions
Hello I got my first Mavric today and set it up. I have a phantom 3 professional so I know enough to get into trouble. I first did the firmware updates and all calibrations. I made sure all the connections from the remote to the phone (S7) were secure and went for my first flight. The drone flew fine but the image was terrible. The screen was red all over with vertical lines throughout. the poor image with lines and red and purple colors was all over the screen and also recorded this way on the SD card. The card was formatted and came with the drone. I tried the drone with another android phone and DJI 4 pro app with the same thing. Then it wouldn't fly but 100 feet before loosing connection and transmission with the RTH feature coming up. No good video. I uninstalled the DJI app and installed the new 4 app again. Same thing. I rebooted everything many times with the same thing. I changed SD cards with the same thing. I am now uninstalling the 5 version of the firmware and reinstalling it to see if that helps. If it doesn't I will try the last 4 version of the software. I am thus stuck and am reaching out to anyone that might have another idea. I will be calling DJI in the morning but thought I would try a forum to see what you guys thought. Thanks for the help in advance.

The red edges are indicating what parts of your image are in the best focus; it's called focus peaking. The white stripes are indicating what parts of your image are over-exposed, it's usually called overexposure warning or zebra stripes. Neither one of these are recorded into the actual video on the microSD card inside the drone, they're just trying to help you take better video. If you don't like them, turn them off in the app settings.

If you are getting flaky connections on Android, turn off any battery optimization features. This helps save battery power by putting apps to sleep for short periods of time, but for critical applications like drone controls, this is not a good idea.

Thank you for the reply. I wish I had a picture to show you what it looked like, but these were not just lines or small spots around the edges of objects. This was red and green that covered the canvus of the screen. i mean the whole screen. You could barely see what the camera was looking at though the red and green image that was across the forefront of the whole screen. No matter what device I used or firmware it was there. I called DJI today and they said i had a defective device after trying to trouble shoot the problem. It was crazy. it actually recorded this way on the SD card as well. Can you explain how to turn off settings in the phone and any helpful tips on the app settings. Thanks so much

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlafica