DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Transmitter Battery

dwain

Reactions
Hello,

Today I made my first flight with my Mavic 2 Pro for the first time. I used my ipad mini 4 with it. The transmitter were set not to charge the ipad. The transmitter's battery ran out even before I could finish the battery of Mavic. It was drained so fast. I was with my friend. He also had the same drone and he had the same experience too. Do you think we are doing something wrong? Because with this battery life, we can't even fly with out 2 extra batteries. Why does it get drained so fast?

Reactions: yycguy
It should get better after you cycle charge the battery a few times. My MP RC has battery to spare after flying three MP batteries.

Reactions: dtp
I'm able to get at least 6 flights out of my remote controller battery. I could probably get more but I dont like to drain the battery too low. Mavic 2 pro and ipad mini 4.

Reactions: Kilrah
In this case, having the remote’s battery run out only in one flight with 2 people means that we’re doing something wrong. 6 flights vs 1 flight doesn’t sound normal. Where would you suggest us to check?

Thanks.

I keep my controller plugged into an auxiliary battery as I am hiking between fly points. I see no reason why you could not have your controller similarly augmented while you are using it. I'll try this next time I fly.

I have 75% battery left on my remote after two batteries.

Last edited:
That is strange, mine lasts several batteries too. Check that it is at 100% when you start flying, make sure your phone is not using up your battery in the RC. Are you and your friend using the same kind of phone when flying? What are the brand of phones being used? Are all your apps off on the phones etc.?

We both had completely the same setup. ipad mini 4. I’m not sure if I switched off the rc battery usage for the ipad but I guess it was off by default. At least my friend told me his setting was off.

Return the drone. I have the same setup and can get over 6 flights, each over 20 minutes. More if I pushed the battery.

Last edited:
I don't believe the default is Off for phone charge, and I believe I read it resets each time the app is restarted.

I'm not sure but I think they only charge Android devices, I don't think Apple products drain the RC like an Android does but don't quote me, just double check.

Are you using the side port or the bottom USB port for your display? I know you said the charging was off.
If you aren't using the bottom USB port, give it a try.

We both had completely the same setup. ipad mini 4. I’m not sure if I switched off the rc battery usage for the ipad but I guess it was off by default. At least my friend told me his setting was off.

i get 6 flights easy. my controller was set to charge phone by default not the other way around so maybe you should check it to be sure. The battery life also get better after a few cycles.

I'm not sure but I think they only charge Android devices, I don't think Apple products drain the RC like an Android does but don't quote me, just double check.
As many people mentioned above the M2 remote can charge apple devices if the setting for it is enabled.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard