DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Transplant yankee now in Louisiana

Richie1027

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Been flying for about a year with an Air 2s and Mini 2k but sold them when the Air 3 was released and switched out. I’m a retired shrink and currently doing some light aerial shots for our local government (yep, part 107 cert.). Found this forum doing a search for map-tiling and found the posts informative and helpful.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to the forum! :)
What an impressive background you have with drones. I’ve only got about 15 months flying them, but did get my Part 107 certificate. I moved to Louisiana in 2010 (wife is from here) but we move after 30 years in Lower Paxton township, Harrisburg, and a few years in Chambersburg and Shippensburg.

Been flying for about a year with an Air 2s and Mini 2k but sold them when the Air 3 was released and switched out.

Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA. We have a Member's Map in the Upper Right of the Title Bar. Click on "Members" and then Click on "Member's Map…" Check it out and you might find some new flying friends.

I am also a "transplant Yankee…" I am originally from Up-State New York and I served in the Air Force for over 30-years… I was assigned to Langley AFB, Virginia, three separate times. Back then, my Virginian friends referred to me as a "Come here…" After retiring from the Air Force, I returned to the Hampton Roads area and we made it home. Now my Virginian friends refer to me as a "Stay here…"

As you might have noted, we have a specific Air 3 Sub-Forum for any specialized questions.

The General Discussion Sub-Forum covers all manner of discussions… Hope to see some of your photos and videos in the Photos and Video Sub-Forum…

Below is the link to all of the downloads offered by DJI for the Air 3.

After you read all the material, read it again, you will be surprised what you missed the first time and you will be better prepared for that first "scary moment…"

Fly On and Fly Safe…

Been flying for about a year with an Air 2s and Mini 2k but sold them when the Air 3 was released and switched out. I’m a retired shrink and currently doing some light aerial shots for our local government (yep, part 107 cert.). Found this forum doing a search for map-tiling and found the posts informative and helpful.
Where in Louisiana are you located? I'm in Ragley just north of Lake Charles. My brother and I fly at least once a week. We are not 107 cert., however.

Where in Louisiana are you located? I'm in Ragley just north of Lake Charles. My brother and I fly at least once a week. We are not 107 cert., however.
as you can see, I’m not online too much, but I will check this group more often. I’m up in west monroe. Quite a trip from Lake Charles. i Hope the rebuilding down there is coming along; the devastation was mind blowing.
being so far north, the worst we’ve gotten since I moved here is a category 1 hurricane, although several tornadoes have left a trail of debris several times.

as you can see, I’m not online too much, but I will check this group more often. I’m up in west monroe. Quite a trip from Lake Charles. i Hope the rebuilding down there is coming along; the devastation was mind blowing.
being so far north, the worst we’ve gotten since I moved here is a category 1 hurricane, although several tornadoes have left a trail of debris several times.
Thanks for responding. There are still plenty of signs down here of Laura and Delta. Some places will never recover. Many will never be the same.

Reactions: LoudThunder
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki