DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Transport Canada April 2020 proposed RPAS Amendments

CareyL

Reactions
Reactions: maxpower

Many references to both British CAA & American FAA developments.
Proposed additional pilot certifications and requirements.
New definitions regarding sub 250 gram drones.

**** WARNING **** - My virus software (Kapersky) blocked several viruses when I clicked on the above link.. First time in years that it has done that, if ever!

• Wow
Reactions: Classic flyer
Reactions: EyesWideShut
Any bets on the cost and hoops we'll have to go through? My guess is it'll be prohibitive for most hobby drone pilots. I hope I'm wrong but we're talking about the government aren't we.
Inside rumours from a Transport Canada buddy, is that they realize everyone is doing it on the most part. So basically are setting some rules for it to be allowed and to also set specific drones that are also allowed. I have not yet read the whole proposal. I will need a bit of time to look threw the whole thing.

Inside rumours from a Transport Canada buddy, is that they realize everyone is doing it on the most part. So basically are setting some rules for it to be allowed and to also set specific drones that are also allowed. I have not yet read the whole proposal. I will need a bit of time to look threw the whole thing.
I have read the whole thing and the devil is in the details. The purported objective is to allow BVLOS however the extra layers of certification must have the commercial purveyors of said certification, ("...completion of a ground school and flight review at a self-declared school...), salivating.

P10: "Before receiving an ROC, the operational requirements would need to be validated by an Organizational Proficiency Check (OPC) made by a third party....In order to maintain a RPAS Operator Certificate, the certificate holder would be subject to OPCs periodically over time.) An organization can be a single person.

I have read the whole thing and the devil is in the details. The purported objective is to allow BVLOS however the extra layers of certification must have the commercial purveyors of said certification, ("...completion of a ground school and flight review at a self-declared school...), salivating.

P10: "Before receiving an ROC, the operational requirements would need to be validated by an Organizational Proficiency Check (OPC) made by a third party....In order to maintain a RPAS Operator Certificate, the certificate holder would be subject to OPCs periodically over time.) An organization can be a single person.
Oh... Doesn't sound crazy exciting any more :(

I plan on doing my commercial just to do it. Possibly when I reach retirement try and get some cottages and house's footage for realtors. Not really sure how big the market is, but not many around my area doing it

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger-N