DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Travel to Costa Rica

StGr

Reactions
So. I am confused about the rules regarding entering Costa Rica with the Mavic. I read the regulations and it seems as if any drone pilot regardless of size of drone needs a license.

Has anyone been to Costa Rica lately with a small drone like the mavic. What is the scoop

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using MavicPilots mobile app

So. I am confused about the rules regarding entering Costa Rica with the Mavic. I read the regulations and it seems as if any drone pilot regardless of size of drone needs a license.

Has anyone been to Costa Rica lately with a small drone like the mavic. What is the scoop

The DGAC (Costarrican FAA) has a section for non tripulated aircrafts in their website. It basically describes the same guidelines we all know regarding airports, LOS, etc.
http://www.dgac.go.cr/Aeronaves no Tripuladas/cc05_15 opr drones AIC.pdf (in Spanish only)

The news about expensive licenses are just speculations as a law it's not yet in place.

German

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Thank you very much for the insight. Have you been down there recently yourself.

I live in Costa Rica :)

The Hover app is useful to know where are restricted areas and it works off-line. Even with a data plan for your cellphone internet is not available everywhere.

Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: Chadnovz
Im confused as to what a permit cost or if i need a permit i keep trying to go to the DGAC website but cannot connect as i cant connect to the server. i read something about needing 48 - 60 hours of training im going with my family and just want to get some footage of our trip. THANKS!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll