DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Having problems with registering drone in costa rica

MP08

Reactions
Hey Mavic Community, new member, first time forum/thread posting here. Been reading up and trying to register for a first time out of country trip with fam and drone and it’s to Costa Rica. Whether it’s on the phone or desktop, safari or chrome or internet explorer I cannot seem to successfully get through the registration page on the dgac website to register. Everywhere I have looked so far to get answers says it’s easy and do it on the government website. No bueno so far…need help please. Thanks!

Slightly confused are you trying to Register your DJI Account while your still in the US ?
Are you using the App , or are you on the Website.
You should be using the App to Register your new DJI account , make sure your connected to the internet.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

Hey thank you for seeing this and responding. No I am referring to the supposed registration and or licensure requirement (s) to be covered with flying my mavic mini 3 pro while in Costa Rica. What do you think I really need to fly there? Thanks.

If your not commercial you do not need those License Requirements as I have several clients that just follow standard guidelines.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Drone in the Rain in Costa Rica

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
If your not commercial you do not need those License Requirements as I have several clients that just follow standard guidelines.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Drone in the Rain in Costa Rica

Seems to be correct . . .

Drone Laws in Costa Rica [Updated July 13, 2022]

Notes for recreational drone pilots flying for fun in Costa Rica
Costa Rica’s new drone regulations apply only to commercial drone operators. Therefore, recreational pilots are not required to register their drones but must follow the Direccion General de Aviacion Civil’s basic rules (DGAC).

Though another website supposedly showing this country's regulations don't mention the rec pilots exemption . . .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne